Strange lights in the sky last night

It is a meteor shower,will last about two weeks,hope we get clear skies.

they must have been over 20 ..going to look tonight but defo not lanterns moving to fast stopping and changing direction seem to move out of each others way

Ball Lightening?

Didn't Michael Jackson have that done?

Just wondering if any one else noticed the strange lights in the sky last night at first they looked like stars then they started to zigzag and shot of some of them started to chase each other and darting around .hope its not me going doodalley lol.

there back

It's a meter shower

Meteors do not change direction.

The Perseids are quite profuse, having a Zenithal Hourly Rate of about 100. It is not impossible for several of them to occur at the same moment, and meteors do not have a fixed direction, either; they spring from a ‘radiant’, in this case the constellation of Perseus. I have seen extremely bright Perseids in the past, followed immediately by another Perseid in a slightly different direction. That may well give the impression of a moving light.

Never seen anything like that. I do not know about the UK, but where I originally came from, these kinds of laser beams are illegal — the far-fetched argument being that they might blind æroplane pilots. My guess would be that it came from the ground and was deliberate. But as I said, I have never seen anything of the kind.

Never seen anything like that. I do not know about the UK, but where I originally came from, these kinds of laser beams are illegal — the far-fetched argument being that they might blind æroplane pilots. My guess would be that it came from the ground and was deliberate. But as I said, I have never seen anything of the kind.

As i pointed out, lasers need something to reflect off, there was nothing that night.

I'm no conspiracy follower but there are things we cannot explain, no matter our knowledge or experience. :)

I'm no conspiracy follower but there are things we cannot explain, no matter our knowledge or experience. :)

True, of course, but we can only continue the efforts. The very endeavour of striving to understand — regardless of how daunting and impossible the task seems — constitutes the whole purpose of science. The moment people lose at least the impetus to investigate, science is done for.

...and upon yonder philosophical note, I must betake myself abed. :D

Good luck, trodding the wooden hill.

They are watching. :hihi: