HMS Sheffield - Shiny Sheff

I seem to remember that a sailor from Sheffield and served on the HMS Sheffield, drank in the Shiny Sheff, left some money behind the bar for his return, sadly he was killed. I remember the war very well, it was all very emotional. RIP to all who died, and to those who are still suffering, I wish you well.

we have a model of the old sheffield in our museum at rotherham

Welcome to the saddos club.

---------- Post added 03-08-2013 at 12:38 ----------

What was so insulting anyway?

Pot calling the kettle black ??? :roll:

The WW2 Sheffield, it's Ships Bell hangs in the Cathedral.

With a forum title like mine I thought I should have my 2penneth. The ship that died on my birthday 4th may 1982 was of course not the "Shinysheff" even though she might have been called that. The WW2 ship was called "shiny" because the good burghers of Sheffield at the time had all her brightwork made of stainless steel instead of brass. I'm glad to hear the later Sheffields being called Shiny. Lest we forget.

Pot calling the kettle black ??? :roll:

I think you might have missed the point of my post, but never mind.

---------- Post added 22-11-2013 at 07:23 ----------

Says the President

I'm stepping down as you're better qualified.

---------- Post added 22-11-2013 at 07:24 ----------

A lot of newbies can be easily put off by certain posters (saddos IMO) that have nothing better to do than try to upset, intimidate or offend!

There seems to be a lot of keyboard warriors on here that do nothing else in their sad little lives but sit on Sheffield Forum.

The OP asked a simple question on a previous thread and instead of a simple bit of help from a fellow member, a MEMBER, who could probably have helped the OP, started to act a A-hole. Not necessary IMO!

The OP deserves respect, as do a lot of other people (maybe that can't spell or are not as intelligent as some other posters) who probably have a lot to contribute to the forum, are put off by this intimidation!

You didn't appreciate the irony of you calling other posters idiots then?

I was at the lane when they announced that Sheffield had been sunk I think it was after this that people started to realise we were in a proper shooting war.