Basic Moral values

I was always quick to judge according to my limited understanding.

Now I know that the solutions to all our problems are inside us.

I only came on to discuss improvement for ways to raise our kids.

Perhaps share and encourage those who need comfort and encouragement.

It's through my own experience. Only a fool would reject knowledge.

I don't say I know everything, but open to learn from anyone who know what I didn't know.

Religion aside many people just exist, not knowing or having any hope what's happening tomorrow. Filled with anxiety, contemplating suicide.

How many children are being bullied and hang or throw themselves off bridges.

I fill so much pain and duty of care to my children. No matter what they must know that our love for them is not superficial.

There's so much information exposed to our young ones, perhaps some without direction.

Disciplining my children is paramount and home and in school.

No confusion.com.

sorry if i have mis-read this bnnice1 but am i reading you right when you say that depression, failure etc. is part of weakness? i find that a very offensive and judgmental opinion if that is what you meant. i also think it is unbiblical.i think you will find that many people in churches suffer depression, mental health problems. it is sadly a part of life. religion included - many of those who are what you would class as "believers" still suffer. i know committed Christians who have committed suicide, died from cancer, lost children etc.if you promote Christianity as the cure all to lifes problems you are selling people very short and pronoucing your judgement on those who do suffer

I actually came on here to discuss moral values from my stand point, it's important how to bring our kids. Yes religion can mis guide or mislead people.

Christianity is not religion, its a lifestlye. I don't blame who thinks that it's dated, especially those who never knew God. My children are brought up in Church but not forced to believe. When they grow up, they won't be weak, to suffer depression, discouragement or failure. They already know they're special, strong, confident and bold. They are not WEAK because they respect others. They certainly won't trodden on because the understand there position in life. Full of determination and persistence. People who are weak in ignorance always think they are strong.

I was weak once, told by surgeons and new age scientists that I will never walk again. But now after four years on the bed, I found out that human intelligence is limited.

I not only walk, but I have a very beautiful wife, children and a life of success.

I think you are misguided and offensive. Where is your humility?

---------- Post added 09-08-2013 at 20:43 ----------

]Love, patience, compassion, Humility, Confidence, Hope, determination, boldness

can not be taught at home or school.

They most definitely can. You are absolutely and incontrovertibly wrong.

They most definitely can. You are absolutely and incontrovertibly wrong.

Dead right... I agree with you here Halibut...

Moral guidance is a parental responsibility imo, but surely it doesn't matter who the messenger is, only the message?

• Like 1

Reasonable should be whats acceptable in general community. Many kids are just in need of direction to find themselves doing well in School and community, if they also raised with atmost love and discipline.

Just explaining reality to kids and teach them responsiblity for their actions, doesnt mean purnishment. Good effective and consistent communication both at home and in schools.

Children are important and sensitive individuals.

---------- Post added 03-08-2013 at 22:35 ----------

Love, patience, compassion, Humility, Confidence, Hope, determination, boldness

can not be taught at home or school. There are schools for moral values and they are life time lessons for both parents and children.

Love is the centre of everything in life, its a language without barriers and embraced by everyone.

LOVEWORLD TV and comminity teaches us in our family these moral values, as a reality.

It transforms many lives no matter what your background. Love is so powerful and irresistable to mankind.

My family discovered A Church "Christ Embassy" TV Channel on SKY 586: LOVEWORLD TV. We also have a social network http://www.yookos.com.

If anyone desires change of a mindset in life, its possible irrespective of background and experiences.

---------- Post added 03-08-2013 at 22:35 ----------

Love, patience, compassion, Humility, Confidence, Hope, determination, boldness

can not be taught at home or school. There are schools for moral values and they are life time lessons for both parents and children.

Love is the centre of everything in life, its a language without barriers and embraced by everyone.

LOVEWORLD TV and comminity teaches us in our family these moral values, as a reality.

It transforms many lives no matter what your background. Love is so powerful and irresistable to mankind.

My family discovered A Church "Christ Embassy" TV Channel on SKY 586: LOVEWORLD TV. We also have a social network http://www.yookos.com.

If anyone desires change of a mindset in life, its possible irrespective of background and experiences.

I was with you 100% until the LOVEWORLD TV. Although I do understand where you are coming from, for parents who have no moral fibre......

As you say, Love is the centre of everything... and has a language without barriers.

The problem is that too many children receive 75% of their education from the TV, warts and all, because this is the easy option for some parents?. IMO the media is the biggest influence on our children and is not benign.

Seems like there can be too many influencers which is a problem in itself.

Edited by cressida