Roman ridge extra care home

My mum lived there a couple of year ago and we found it very nice.

It's excellent, I know a couple who live there, highly recommended.

No steps, so for those with limited mobility, easy to get around. Lifts between floors (and staircases obviously!).

There's a small shop, a hairdressers and a restaurant on site. The food is basic stuff, nothing to fancy, suited to the older generation, who might not like "modern spicy food" :rolleyes:. I think there are organised events, bingo, sing-songs and the like.

my mother in law has a flat in there,half the flats are privately owned the others are rented.

when they were first built they were sold as retirement apartments with extra care available if required.

there has been alot of concerns from the people who bought there flats as retirement flats, the company who runs the place has let out some of the flats to people who should really be in care homes as they need 24 hour care and support.

some people think its more like a care home now rather than what they were initially sold.