Women dyeing their hair black?

I did see the similar threads on this type of topic from last year, but this trend is continuing.

There seems to be a lot of women dyeing their hair jet black these last few years? It seems to be [seemingly] working class women, of varying ages, doing this? Usually with piercings and home-made tats on display.

Is it some soap famous actress or popstar they are copying, from the TV or the plethora of gossip mags, as trends usually are?

Sometimes it, like most fashions, can look great depending upon the wearer but, like it's tackily-done bleach blonde version, usually looks cheap and witch-like?

i dye mine black and i have no tattoos or peircings, maybe the colour is just popular and maybe people cannot afford to go to the salon as much and usually do a home job inbetween salon trips hence the slightly not 100% right finish.

My daughter has natural black hair - not dyed.

I've seen all types of women with different colours but wouldn't stereotype any of them.

I agree OP, we know, we know.

Probably some chav from Coronation Street they're copying.

I agree OP, we know, we know.

Probably some chav from Coronation Street they're copying.

Ena Sharples ?

Ena Sharples ?

Alf Roberts more like.

I used to dye mine black and I wasn't copying anybody in particular :huh: and Coronation Street wasn't even invented when I first did it......I do remember it was one of the only times I ever heard my mother swear. I did it when she was out. :roll:

No offence, it was something I'd noticed and was asking, as some women in soaps (Corrie, for example) also have this dyed colour. A couple of other women on TV also.

I wondered if it was a current trend or was mainly working class, as the people I'd seen did have tattoos and/or piercings (just another observation)?

People can do whatever they like to their appearance can't they?

I would think that it would be much easier to have natural looking black hair, than blonde. And there is an aging population, I am turning a little grey, but black hair on a man wouldnt look right.

I would think that it would be much easier to have natural looking black hair, than blonde. And there is an aging population, I am turning a little grey, but black hair on a man wouldnt look right.

Truly black hair doesn't look natural on most people though. Most people who have very dark hair naturally have a shade of very dark brown and it's nothing like as colour saturated as you can get with a dye, so a lot of the time it is quite obvious that it is dyed.

Mine is, of course, this colour of red entirely naturally, and any regrowth lines are due to exposure to sunlight at the roots...