Edale Skyline walk

Morning everyone.

Anyone on here -walked this route ? any plans to walk it in the future ??

thanks.. Dave

Hi Dave

Done it a few times matey and a few different way lol, even done it at night a breath taking walk that i always enjoy.

I have done this route to death, both clock and anti-clockwise. Also, started at the traditional start of Edale and other points along the route.

The last time I tackled it was last April when the tops were knee deep in snow. Apart from the white out on Kinder, it was amazing to complete.

My version of this walk is to start at Yorkshire Bridge, ascend Win Hill through the trees, along to Crookestone Barn via Hope Cross. Up on to Kinder Edge and along to Edale Cross. Up to and across Brown Knoll to Rushup Edge. On to Mam Nick, Mam Tor summit, Lose Hill summit. Down to Edale Road. Left towards Edale then up past Fulwood Stile and then up to Win Hill summit, then down through trees back to Yorkshire Bridge.

When I was a lad, me and some other fit lads used to run and walk round in 5 hours. In recent years dependent on the weather, it's taken me 10 hours.