Cast iron gutters

hi there i wondered if anyone could help me to find a corner joint for an old cast iron gutter, swifties dont have 1 and i dont know where else to try

Roy

Are you only prepared to buy the part locally? I`m asking because I found a few places not in the area. I guess that involves ordering & paying over the phone??

I have "some" interest because until you posted, it had not occurred to me that at some point in the future I may need to obtain a corner for mine (I have them all the way around the house). They drip a bit don`t they from time to time but were well made.I would imagine it is a bit of a pain getting the old bolds out without damaging the connecting gutters?

My cast iron corner piece dropped off about 2 yrs ago and broke into small pieces, I couldn't source a corner piece so repaired my old one by gluing it back together using epoxy resin.

It has been repaired for just over 2 yrs now and no leaks and hasn't fallen apart either.

try swifties on abbeydale road,100yds past old picture house on right hand side,hele defo have what your lookin for

try swifties on abbeydale road,100yds past old picture house on right hand side,hele defo have what your lookin for

Doesn't look like it

hi there i wondered if anyone could help me to find a corner joint for an old cast iron gutter, swifties dont have 1 and i dont know where else to try

Scrap the lot 'cos that's all it is. You're better off with the plastic type. Fit and forget.

If bits of that stuff start falling it'll kill you on contact, smash the car to bits and anything else it comes into contact with.

An end bracket of mine came down and hit the car. A £700 quote , a cheap one, to sort the body work out! And it bounced and hit the car. Imagine a direct hit.

I've since sourced and had the lot replaced.

If you still need the corner piece Roy, the girl on the phone that I spoke to at this Nottingham firm was very helpful. They supply all you need here. You can order over the phone or online or maybe a drive to Notts. The phone numbers are on the site. As the name implies they also do alluminium gutters.

http://www.aluminiumfabricationproducts.co.uk/guttering-systems/cast-iron-guttering.html

Scrap the lot 'cos that's all it is. You're better off with the plastic type. Fit and forget.

If bits of that stuff start falling it'll kill you on contact, smash the car to bits and anything else it comes into contact with.

An end bracket of mine came down and hit the car. A £700 quote , a cheap one, to sort the body work out! And it bounced and hit the car. Imagine a direct hit.

I've since sourced and had the lot replaced.

Plastic also comes down, I saw several the other winter when the weight of the snow brought the guttering down.

Best not having anything then and we can go back to living in caves, wait for a second iron age and re-invent the gutters.

Plastic also comes down, I saw several the other winter when the weight of the snow brought the guttering down.

It does but I think I'd rather be hit by a bit of plastic guttering than a cast iron one..