Humane way to capture a hamster

Our hamster has worked out how to escape from his cage and all efforts to capture him has failed..

Does anyone have any other ideas?

As they usually come out in the evening/night I would put some food out, and you just might spot him nibbling. Wait until its all gone quiet. Mine escaped once and I spotted him at night, nibbling the tassels off the rug, trying to make a nest. I managed to grab him, and he was none the worst for his adventures.

Some people favour putting a high sided box, with food in and a ramp - once they are in they cannot get out. Good Luck

Just get a bucket put some food in it and get some books and pile them up at side of bucket like steps, it will climb up and jump in bucket for food but can't get out,do this at night ,we did this with my Grand-daughters ones and they were both in bucket next morning !!

Just get a bucket put some food in it and get some books and pile them up at side of bucket like steps, it will climb up and jump in bucket for food but can't get out,do this at night ,we did this with my Grand-daughters ones and they were both in bucket next morning !!

Great advice, I've used the large glass vase technique too! Pop some bedding in there and you will most likely find him fast asleep tomorrow morning!

Love this, i think every hamster is an escapologist lol, the bucket and books worked for me too

Well I think I must just have the strangest hamster who wouldn't run away if his life depended on it. His ball once fell open after he ran into a wall... He sat in it waiting for me to put it back together. If I put him on the floor he'll climb back into his cage or ball! (Not that I'm trying to lose him haha)

I love the bucket idea! We once had a hamster that escaped and got behind the iron heater which took over the fireplace nook. My dad got a fella out to remove the whole thing as we were so upset. We recovered him from behind it, completely covered in soot but none the worse for wear after a trip to the vets.

My sister now has a hamster which is so desperate to escape when it's in the cage, but then totally clueless once she's actually escaped, meanders around the floor and then just sits there until you put her back, and then desperately tries to escape again! They are so funny!

Humane mouse trap?

Worked for me once when one of my hamsters escaped. But it was one of those small hamsters - Siberia ones, I think that's what they're called. Not sure if a normal sized hamster would fit in.

We caught him in the bucket, he was pretty pee'd that we'd caught him...