NHS braces in Sheffield

HI! I'm 17, I have braces when i was in the Philippines and my dentist took it off before i leave the country. My teeth is not fix yet. Can I still have free braces on NHS or shall I need to pay for it? how much? :idea::razz:

simple answer, no you cant have them for free

You need to contribute into the system to get anything out of it, its not a free for all

You need to contribute into the system to get anything out of it, its not a free for all

Too bloody right

Too bloody right

Agreed....

And a little confused.

See the "What's Jordanthorpe like" thread.

It seems the OP has just been offered a flat in Jordanthorpe:loopy:

What about all those Sheffielders on the waiting list for years!

Agreed....

And a little confused.

See the "What's Jordanthorpe like" thread.

It seems the OP has just been offered a flat in Jordanthorpe:loopy:

What about all those Sheffielders on the waiting list for years!

You couldnt make it up :loopy:

Looks like this has quickly turned into a bash the foreigner thread

If you were entitled to free NHS services then you would not have to pay but there is a very very long waiting list to see Orthodontists .

To the other posters maybe this young persons parents have been working in the Uk eg. nursing and have contributed don't be so quick to judge .

good luck with getting them on the NHS to be honest. My daughter's dentist says she needs braces due to crossbite and a few misplaced teeth, she sent us for a consultation to have them fitted on the NHS... (she is 15, my husband works but we still get help with prescriptions before anyone tries to bash me!) anyway, we went to the consultant who said NO... you dont need braces, there are people with worse teeth than you who do....goodbye.

went back to our dentist who still insists she needs them and will send us somewhere else....still waiting for the appointment.

If you were entitled to free NHS services then you would not have to pay but there is a very very long waiting list to see Orthodontists .

To the other posters maybe this young persons parents have been working in the Uk eg. nursing and have contributed don't be so quick to judge .

My mom works here for 7 years until now and she's paying lots of taxes, so I think she deserves that council house. Anyway, thanks for the info ;)

Edited by bittersweet

I've just had my braces off and from what they told me you only get free braces when you are 16 or under, any older than 16 and you have to pay for the treatment which isn't cheap, It goes into the thousands.

We are paying for our daughters orthodontics, so that she won't have to stay on the waiting list for approximately two years.

We are paying £3,500, but her teeth will be sorted before they would have even started treatment on the NHS.

Jayne