Help for hero - bradley manning

His father just said on the news that he is proud of what his son Edward has done, he has his fathers blessing so I don't think he is bothered about what you or any other yanks think.
And we don't care what you think.

---------- Post added 01-08-2013 at 15:26 ----------

PS just noticed that you are another US resident, guessing expat or you wouldn't be on the SF. Is it necessary to leave your brain at customs when you emigrate there? wrap yourself in old glory and sing 'god bless america'? I'm from immigrant stock (like you now) my family left ireland and went to manchester, florida.new york, chicago, toronto, perth, argentina ............I've got loads of yank cousins and uncles and aunties, they aren't political retards, they are involved in human rights, unions, free medical campaigns etc.

why not take some political savvy with you and try to educate them, or is that too risky in the land of the Pressure Cooker Squad?

---------- Post added 01-08-2013 at 19:34 ----------

no mate, they're commie chinese ants, they suck your DNA out and deliver it to mao tse tungs agents who decode your thoughts.

I think its high time to hit the ignore button on Mr. Ryan. I'm too used to dealing with common sense SFers, the ranters aren't worth the trouble.

We seem to enjoy each other's company, and rarely, if ever talk about what we did.

You sure make up for it on SF though.:roll:

And we don't care what you think.

---------- Post added 01-08-2013 at 15:26 ----------

I think its high time to hit the ignore button on Mr. Ryan. I'm too used to dealing with common sense SFers, the ranters aren't worth the trouble.

hey cowboy - go fer yer 'ignore button' if yer think yer quick enough, this world ain't big 'nuff fer the both of us.

add me to the rest of the world's population that you (not the american people generally, there's a wide range of opinion, they aren't all suckers) feel should shut up and stop criticising.

that's the whole point buck - you don't know if your government is collecting info on me - I DO - your government has no right to know about me, I am not a citizen of your crap country , I have no link to it, what I think and do is none of uncle sam's business.

what is really interesting is that you don't care - you are happy to be kept in a darkened room and fed marshmallow flavoured BS, just like the populations of iran, china and burma, you feel no need to know what your leaders are doing to you or me - that makes you a willing victim, which is more pitiful than me as an unwilling victim.

ARE YOU LISTENING CIA? YOU BUNCH OF BIG GIRL'S BLOUSES.

---------- Post added 01-08-2013 at 18:41 ----------

OH NO!!! A keyboard warrior on a provincial forum - RUNNN!![COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 01-08-2013 at 18:51 ----------

[/color]

does that apply in china?

Why would any govenment have an interest in the ramblings of an old embittered Marxist?

Stick a pin in your bubble and come back down to earth

Your kind are a dime a dozen. Always parroting the same bile. The collapse of the soviet union must have been a very depressing period in your life

---------- Post added 01-08-2013 at 22:29 ----------

His father just said on the news that he is proud of what his son Edward has done, he has his fathers blessing so I don't think he is bothered about what you or any other yanks think.

I'm sure daddy will have to send money to Ed for the rest of his life. After Ed had released all the info he has he'll be of no use to anyone.

40 years on he'll be just like those two old fairies Burgess and McLean hoping for a few bucks from any news correspondent who has the time to listen to his whining sob stories about how home sick he is, missing his parents funerals and pining for the sights and sounds of his younger years.

Bound to happen... no doubts aboot it. Its the inevitable fate of all who live in enforced exile especially in a place like Russia and he'll never ever make it to Ecuador or Venezuela either

Edited by Harleyman

Why would any govenment have an interest in the ramblings of an old embittered Marxist?

Stick a pin in your bubble and come back down to earth

Your kind are a dime a dozen. Always parroting the same bile. The collapse of the soviet union must have been a very depressing period in your life

---------- Post added 01-08-2013 at 22:29 ----------

I'm sure daddy will have to send money to Ed for the rest of his life. After Ed had released all the info he has he'll be of no use to anyone.

40 years on he'll be just like those two old fairies Burgess and McLean hoping for a few bucks from any news correspondent who has the time to listen to his whining sob stories about how home sick he is, missing his parents funerals and pining for the sights and sounds of his younger years.

Bound to happen... no doubts aboot it. Its the inevitable fate of all who live in enforced exile especially in a place like Russia and he'll never ever make it to Ecuador or Venezuela either

Uncle Sam made it his business. What you gonna do about it? Shake your fist, and scream "Oh Bother":hihi::hihi::hihi: Sorry about this Harley,looks like I got into the wrong reply. You know who its meant for. Edited by buck

It's a shame many Americans haven't realized yet that the war on terror is destroying your own nation and so much more.

I've read about how Bradley Manning was (still is?) stripped naked every night, and is inspected by the supervisor and all the other guards.

I think it was Churchill who said that a mark of a civilised country is how it treats its prisoners. If that is the case then the treatmnent of Bradley Manning shames the USA.

In the report The brig seargent says that Manning is at "all times respectful, courteous, and respectful", not the 'scumbag' some have referred him as.

Edited by Mister M

I've read about how Bradley Manning was (still is?) stripped naked every night, and is inspected by the supervisor and all the other guards.

I think it was Churchill who said that a mark of a civilised country is how it treats its prisoners. If that is the case then the treatmnent of Bradley Manning shames the USA.

You don't think that he's been on suicide watch and some scumbag far left reporter made the spin you just regurgitated then?

Best to let him kill himself? Or would you scream duty of care if that happened?

Damned if they do and damned if they don't by you people.

At the end of the day , if we as individuals are honest with ourselves , how many of us , witnessing wrongdoing and feeling uncomfortable about it , would have done the same as Bradley Manning , knowing full-well how it would impact upon his future life ?

For this reason alone I am in awe at his bravery . Bravery is contagious , something which those who govern us really fear . For this reason alone I respect this man .

At the end of the day , if we as individuals are honest with ourselves , how many of us , witnessing wrongdoing and feeling uncomfortable about it , would have done the same as Bradley Manning , knowing full-well how it would impact upon his future life ?

For this reason alone I am in awe at his bravery . Bravery is contagious , something which those who govern us really fear . For this reason alone I respect this man .

Just going to quote that. Was going to write more, but this summed it up quite eloquently for me. Kudos.

Here here saunaman.

Too many people confuse 'legal' with 'right'. Too many authoritarians who do not recognise their own innate authority. Yes, I think it is infectious, and the harder authority tries to dominate and control the human spirit, the more it (authority) will crumble, because at the end of the day, it is not real, people are.

For every one free thinking man they put away, two more are born, this is in the nature of things.

Authority crumbles from within...

Here here saunaman.

Too many people confuse 'legal' with 'right'. Too many authoritarians who do not recognise their own innate authority. Yes, I think it is infectious, and the harder authority tries to dominate and control the human spirit, the more it (authority) will crumble, because at the end of the day, it is not real, people are.

For every one free thinking man they put away, two more are born, this is in the nature of things.

Authority crumbles from within...

That's brilliant. Lets do that. The Chinese army may be trying to steal every secret we have political and commercial and utterly dick us as a result but being whiny hippys who don't want the tech to counter that should definitely help.

Does it ever occur to you people that the enemy is out there, not in here?