Good bye Sheffield!

I would sooner live in a tent in the woods than live in London:gag: hate the place..the best thing about London is the sign on the A1 that says the north...

I had to go to London recently. I was unable to use the pavement and at a constant risk of being run over. I paid 150 pounds for a night in a cramped hotel room in Kensington. Cor blimey, guv’nor, you can keep your London.

I would sooner live in a tent in the woods than live in London:gag: hate the place..the best thing about London is the sign on the A1 that says the north...

I agree, it’s an overcrowded crap hole.

I suppose if you are young and you want to make some money its the place to be,to be honest the proper geezers are real good people I had some good geezer mates when I was in the army.just there is very few living in London anymore they have all left,the place is overrun with foreigners of all kinds its no good asking directions as no one speaks English there,I had a delivery to do to London a few months ago, and the last shop on the edgware road was a hubbly bubbly cafe.

You all sound like medieval sailors.

I agree, it’s an overcrowded crap hole.

Strange that Max a few months ago when I posted that London was a crap hole, I was lampooned on here not by you I add mate. I hate the place it's a dump full of foreigners as has been said by others, but for some reason people are always bigging it up.

How on earth it's our capital city is beyond me, nobody talks; they are ignorant as hell, and people have the brass neck to knock us up here in Sheffield.

Strange that Max a few months ago when I posted that London was a crap hole, I was lampooned on here not by you I add mate. I hate the place it's a dump full of foreigners as has been said by others, but for some reason people are always bigging it up.

How on earth it's our capital city is beyond me, nobody talks; they are ignorant as hell, and people have the brass neck to knock us up here in Sheffield.

People who 'knock' Sheffield are often those who live here but haven't strayed from this wonderful city.

Try living in a place like Bradford and tell me Sheffield isn't a great place to live !:)

Good luck to the OP - hope your new job is well paid - it's SO expensive to live anywhere near London.

Edited by Daven

Well, after just over 2 months of living here I will be saying good bye to Sheffield.

I move to London next week to start my new job.

So long Sheffield, thanks for all the fish!

I didn't know the Sea Life London Aquarium had dolphin's ;)

Well, after just over 2 months of living here I will be saying good bye to Sheffield.

I move to London next week to start my new job.

So long Sheffield, thanks for all the fish!

You met loads of Sheffield women from 'Plenty Of Fish'? :hihi:

People who 'knock' Sheffield are often those who live here but haven't strayed from this wonderful city.

Try living in a place like Bradford and tell me Sheffield isn't a great place to live !:)

Good luck to the OP - hope your new job is well paid - it's SO expensive to live anywhere near London.

I get what you mean about the people who knock Sheffield, but lots of others do also. I lived in London many, many years ago and hated everything about it.

I'm going back 45 years to my school days, they used to ask me if I was Irish, Scottish when I told them I was from Sheffield they all said "Where's that".

They have absolutely no comprehension of life beyond Watford Gap, I could not live anywhere else but Sheffield; absolutely love the place.

Cheers guys.

Sadly Sheffield hasn't been very kind to me in my time here. I don't have much intention on coming back unless I really have to. I have nothing against the place as such, but some of the people I have met here haven't been that nice.

Technically after Thursday morning at 4:30am, I only have around 12 hours left in Sheffield.