Jacksons Ice Cream(attercliffe)

Yes, thats them. They used to park at the Horninglow Road entrance. They had liquid chocolate that used to solidify when poured over the ice cream, amazing stuff in the 60's. He used to let certain lads have a tab.

I believe their place was rear of buildings on Attercliffe Common below the swimming baths, and Golden Ball pub just about where the front area of the stadium is now.

I used to have a fourpenny mix at dinnertime!

About 1953 my brother and 2 sisters went to visit our grandad and 2 aunts that lived in Coleridge road they always gave us money to call to Jacksons for a cornet each we used to go to the back door but he never refused to serve us,hope this is of use to you David,by the way i am Les from Nidd road, hope you are keeping well, call in for a chat if your passing anytme,

Hello there yes i knew your dad and family well iv'e just joined the forum, and trying to find my way round it. Firstly how sad to hear the sad news 14 yrs too late. anyway i have made a start.i can't talk to you now just knocked me for six.

Hi im after any info about jacksons ice cream which was run by my grandparents sybil and cyril jackson,i know it was based at attercliffe,dont know any specific dates.My grandma Jackson recently passed away and i found a photo of an ice cream van with jacksons ice cream on it.It may have even been set up by my great grandfather,who i have no name for.i would be very grateful for any help thankyou for reading.dave jackson:help:
If this is the same chap and i think it is he used to do odd jobs for my brother nothing to do with ice cream but did use van lol

Always used to give dog a ice cream as well he was there before kids :hihi:

Edited by terminator

Is this the same Jacksons who parked outside Firth Park School in the60's?

I remember him as a schoolboy at Firth Park - the best ice cream I`ve ever tasted!!

long time since the post but. I lived in same rd as Jacksons Fell Rd there house and buildings were down a lane Nr attercliffe common end . can remember going down for an ice cream. Lesley took me on bus from cliffe to big school. hatfield house , about 66/67. think bus was 17 . bus stop out side hilltop church. Things that come back to you, hope shes ok. remember she was a pretty girl .

Yes, thats them. They used to park at the Horninglow Road entrance. They had liquid chocolate that used to solidify when poured over the ice cream, amazing stuff in the 60's. He used to let certain lads have a tab.

I believe their place was rear of buildings on Attercliffe Common below the swimming baths, and Golden Ball pub just about where the front area of the stadium is now.

We used to live on Darnall Road and remember the chocolate. That must have been early to mid 60's. If I remember correctly my nanan used to send us out with a glass bowl sometimes, to get it filled with ice cream on a Sunday if there was a few of us

Hello, is it Dave?

I knew your Dad, Bev, well at school. He was a great sport, captain of the soccer team, swam freestyle in the school swimming squadron, in most other teams, and won the school trophy (forget its name) for sports in his fourth year. I went to his house and across the yard the ice cream ‘factory’ a couple of times. I went with Bev to his uncles? I recall near manner top, and the pigeon coites (spelling). In 65 or 64 we went along with Steve Goddard to Butlins, Pitheli (will do), and there as well as other places did various naughty things.

So sorry Bev died in his 50’s, I imagine through smoking, unlucky since lots of us smoked ‘like troopers’.

I lost! our old school sports photos years ago. Now older and nostalgic would appreciate copies of any you might have, soccer, swimming, basketball? Bill Clay

Correction Butlins Skegness (not Pitheli).

I recently wandered down the Cliff. Approximately across the road from the side street where Jacksons were is still Hillfoot Dairies. I did wonder if they were connected.