Jacksons Ice Cream(attercliffe)

Hi im after any info about jacksons ice cream which was run by my grandparents sybil and cyril jackson,i know it was based at attercliffe,dont know any specific dates.My grandma Jackson recently passed away and i found a photo of an ice cream van with jacksons ice cream on it.It may have even been set up by my great grandfather,who i have no name for.i would be very grateful for any help thankyou for reading.

Edited by davetherave1
made shorter so easier to read

Hi im after any info about jacksons ice cream which was run by my grandparents sybil and cyril jackson,i know it was based at attercliffe,dont know any specific dates.My grandma Jackson recently passed away and i found a photo of an ice cream van with jacksons ice cream on it.It may have even been set up by my great grandfather,who i have no name for.i would be very grateful for any help thankyou for reading.dave jackson:help:

Have a read of this old ice cream van thread, I'm sure jacksons is mentioned on the thread= http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=194405

Remember jacksons ice cream on the cliffe Did your grandparents have 2 children?

yes they did my dad beverley jackson and my aunty lesley jackson

knew their names but wasn't quiet sure they will be in their 60s now

Hi I worked with your grandfather Cyril at Harold Moors in the late 70s. He used to keep us amused with his tales of his ice cream business. He told tales us about Ronny Duke (star of club land ) always calling for ice cream at the house. Think they were neighbours. As for the ice cream van I remember him inviting me and my girlfriend now wife up to see his beloved ford transit ice cream van which he still had. Also I think it was an old Austin A35 van in lovely condition and he used to moan about it lending it to your dad, because he thought he drove too fast. If I remember anything else will let you know

Wow thats brill,yes please keep me informed if u remember anything else.

Is this the same Jacksons who parked outside Firth Park School in the60's?

Yes, thats them. They used to park at the Horninglow Road entrance. They had liquid chocolate that used to solidify when poured over the ice cream, amazing stuff in the 60's. He used to let certain lads have a tab.

I believe their place was rear of buildings on Attercliffe Common below the swimming baths, and Golden Ball pub just about where the front area of the stadium is now.

Edited by mickyboy

I knew beverley once went to his house near the old police station on the cliff. I remember the ice cream van parked outside.I knew Bev from school Hatfield House Lane .He was a good javlin thrower in fact a good athelete.Hope he is well.Also remember his mates Steve Goddard and Bob Perkins I wonder what happend to them?

---------- Post added 04-08-2013 at 13:56 ----------

I knew beverley once went to his house near the old police station on the cliff. I remember the ice cream van parked outside.I knew Bev from school Hatfield House Lane .He was a good javlin thrower in fact a good athelete.Hope he is well.Also remember his mates Steve Goddard and Bob Perkins I wonder what happend to them?

PS I think the street was Fell St off attercliffe road.

Thanks for all the info keep it coming,my dad changed his name from beverley to robert,unfortunately my dad died 14 years ago of cancer,this is why im after any info,stories or i know its a long shot but any photos.

Thanks for all the info keep it coming,my dad changed his name from beverley to robert,unfortunately my dad died 14 years ago of cancer,this is why im after any info,stories or i know its a long shot but any photos.

So sorry to hear of him passing away it really has shocked me.I can only remember him being super fit and full of life and being 15 years old.Did he go into the ice cream trade with his dad?