DPF delete and remap

Hi,

Has anybody had their DPF gutted and the car remapped? as my DPF is causing problems on my car.

If so who did you use and is there anyone local who can do this? also did you have any problems after this procedure?

thanks in advance

Mb services down firvale do it. Had mine taken off a 2.2 c5, never had any problems after

Hi,

Has anybody had their DPF gutted and the car remapped? as my DPF is causing problems on my car.

If so who did you use and is there anyone local who can do this? also did you have any problems after this procedure?

thanks in advance

SLT remapping and diagnostics ltd at

unit 2, canal works

Carman street

Sheffield s4 7zg

Tel 0844 409 7558

This place is at the side of attercliffe police station, my dad had his vectra diesel done from here about 6mths ago and no probs.

Give them a ring and they will explain the process to you.

thanks guys,

mafya heard of this place, does your dads car smoke more now and what is the power like now?

thanks

thanks guys,

mafya heard of this place, does your dads car smoke more now and what is the power like now?

thanks

The remap this guy does is to your requirements ie more power, fuel economy etc.

My dads car is a 150brake vectra diesel and after it was done the power had increased as my dad who is 63 said it was too fast now! Lol

I couldn't tell you about smoke as I have never really monitored it, all the taxi drivers use this place so he must be doing a good job.

thanks mafya, going to ring them and get some prices.

anyone else used this guy?

If properly maintained the DPF shouldn't give you any problems, but it all depends on car and driving style.

DPF removal - is it legal to do so?

What is the legal requirement in regards to the MoT, road tax and insurance, if you remove the diesel particulate filter and remap the engine of a Nissan X-Trail?

Asked on 29 June 2013 by Elprez

Tags: dpf removal technical issues legal advice

Nissan X-Trail 2007

Answered by Honest John

It's illegal, but the EC law is not yet enforced as part of the UK MoT. You have to disclosed the modifications to your insurer who will increase your premium as a result. At any time in the future you could be stopped by a VOSA roadside check and forced to replace the DPF.

Lol at the term "illegal". It might not pass a future MOT when they're inspected (but considering the diesel CAT still isn't checked I can't see that anytime soon) but it certainly isn't illegal.

On a Pug forum I frequent, this chap in Hull comes highly recommended:

http://www.protune-hull.co.uk/

Edited by alchresearch

i wouldnt say its illegal as there are a lot of cars on the road that dont have a DPF fitted to them.

i wouldnt say its illegal as there are a lot of cars on the road that dont have a DPF fitted to them.

It's not illegal to not have seat belts fitted in cars that were made without them but it is illegal to not have seat belts fitted in cars that did have them out of the factory.. I don't know whether a missing DPF on a car which should have one will mean an MOT fail or not...would it pass a roadside smoke test without it? Bearing in mind that the pass/fail will vary on what the vehicle is supposed to be fitted with.. if you see what I mean :)

Edited by truman