Proposed bus cuts & changes from October 2013 - consultation

worked when I just tried it - http://www.sheffieldbuspartnership.co.uk/ and click on the route details button

And when I click on the route details and proposed changes for my relevant route I get a blank page...

Brilliant, and yet this will appear in a report saying 'public consultation came back with no objections'

Using Chrome on my Mac, the links opened properly for myself.

Maybe try to exit and reload your browser?

20 a not running along scarsdale cant understand that why mess ?

82 (City – Ecclesall Road): Merged with service 95 (City – Walkley).

If the point where these routes merge is Leopold Street where the 95 normally disgorges a lot of its passengers then this will leave the Walkley area of the city with no direct service to the train station or interchange :loopy:

If the point where these routes merge is Leopold Street where the 95 normally disgorges a lot of its passengers then this will leave the Walkley area of the city with no direct service to the train station or interchange :loopy:

I was wondering how they are going to join up the routes. What's that point of a consultation if all the details aren't given?

During the consultation, we will be holding a number of drop–in sessions in Travel South Yorkshire Information Centres at the interchanges across the city. Staff will be on hand to answer any questions you may have.

You will find us at:

•Tuesday 6 August - Hillsborough Interchange - 15.30 - 17.30

•Thursday 8 August - Arundel Gate Interchange - 15.30 - 17.30

•Wednesday 14 August - Meadowhall Interchange - 07.30 - 09.00

•Monday 19 August - Sheffield Interchange - 07.30 - 09.00

•Wednesday 21 August - Sheffield Interchange - 16.00 - 17.30

If you would like to speak to someone about the consultation please call Travel Line on 01709 515151

And when I click on the route details and proposed changes for my relevant route I get a blank page...

Brilliant, and yet this will appear in a report saying 'public consultation came back with no objections'

I tried the link; it does work!

What about audio-visual 'next stop' announcements on buses like those on bus routes elsewhere in the UK like in London and Nottingham?

The bit between Meadowhall and Hillsborough is covered by changes to the 36/37/38

---------- Post added 31-07-2013 at 10:48 ----------

All the SYPTE tenders specify low floor in the contract and TM operate low floor minibuses on these routes. However they are not required to run low floor on commercial or Derbyshire services and they tend to get the old deckers.

TM do not buy new buses now they are owned by Wellglade Group - Trent Barton get new buses then the old Trent Barton buses that become surplus to requirement get cascaded to the likes of TM Travel, Notts + Derby, Kinchbus etc as required.

When TM Travel first started operating most of their buses were old but smart. Now they're the vintage of some going to bus preservation societies, and look like they've escaped from the scrap heap.

Out in the Peak District they're in stark contast to the buses of Hulley's of Baslow. Their buses are not all new, but are always immaculately turned out. It must give their drivers just that little more pride in driving them around.

It's a total disgrace how they can remove the 252 especially after they took the 253 aswell!! I used to catch the 253 for work as did many people who live I'm eckington so had to start and use the 252 now that's stopped!! How can they do this when people rely on them for work?! Yet some bus services are constant like the 120.why not put a stop to free fares because alot of people are having to pay much higher prices like cant get to work!!! ???????????

It's a total disgrace how they can remove the 252 especially after they took the 253 aswell!! I used to catch the 253 for work as did many people who live I'm eckington so had to start and use the 252 now that's stopped!! How can they do this when people rely on them for work?! Yet some bus services are constant like the 120.why not put a stop to free fares because alot of people are having to pay much higher prices like cant get to work!!!

According to TM Travel the withdrawal of the 252 is simple economics - not enough people are using the service for it to be financially viable. Derbyshire County Council are looking to fund a partial replacement but with all the government cuts they have very little money. Watch this space: http://www.derbysbus.info/times/tt_201_999.htm

Eckington does have other buses to Sheffield though - Stagecoach services 50, 50A and 53 provide a direct service, there is also the 70 and 70A to Killamarsh which connects with the tram or 120 bus at Halfway tram terminus

Edited by Andy C

Interesting proposals.

Will this mean that the 20/20a will be coming through via Rushdale Road to get to Upper Albert Road?

No, only the 20, Andy C said.