Blades V Notts County Friday 2nd August

Wilson had us playing not to lose that's why we had so many draws.

Totally agree about us getting a manager that unites the fans and now its up to the Bladesmen and Bladeswomen to get behind the team from the off and if it goes pear shaped even for a bit stay behind the lads for the full 90 minutes.... 1-0 Blades for me so I can start a Blades win and ermmmmm thread Friday night :hihi::hihi:

Could call it Blades win and ermmmmmmm, well we'll have to wait till tomorrow :hihi::hihi:, just as an afterthought anyone else having problems with SF running sloooooooow tonight?

Good luck to the Blades on Friday. Lets hope its a good season for us.

Good luck to the Blades on Friday. Lets hope its a good season for us.

Third time lucky Missy? nice to see you again :):)

Wilson had us playing not to lose that's why we had so many draws.

Totally agree about us getting a manager that unites the fans and now its up to the Bladesmen and Bladeswomen to get behind the team from the off and if it goes pear shaped even for a bit stay behind the lads for the full 90 minutes.... 1-0 Blades for me so I can start a Blades win and ermmmmm thread Friday night :hihi::hihi:

I'll be there mate and I'll be singing!!

Good on you Dot, I hope you see a win also I'll be watching them on my laptop.

To be honest for the first time ever I really do not know what to expect on Friday. I don't even know what team Weir will select. I am hoping for:

Long

McMahon

Harry

Collins

Hill

McFad

Coady

Doyle

Brandy

MaccaD

Porter

I think :).

Hopefully 2-1 win, some good football & plenty of beer.

Hoping for Porter and Doyle to start :loopy::loopy:

Please don't mention Porters pre season exploits as it counts for nothing , he is awful.

Same for Doyle a truly dreadful player with little or no skill or flair or technique whatsoever .

Obviously don't watch the blades very often .

---------- Post added 31-07-2013 at 19:37 ----------

I'm going to go for a 2-1 win in this win hopefully Taylor or Brandy can score , get the ball rolling early . :) UTB

Edited by s2 blade

I think we may lose this one as i'm predicting a slow start to the season. I reckon we'll pick up later on though and see a top ten finish.

Hoping for Porter and Doyle to start :loopy::loopy:

Please don't mention Porters pre season exploits as it counts for nothing , he is awful.

Same for Doyle a truly dreadful player with little or no skill or flair or technique whatsoever .

Obviously don't watch the blades very often .

---------- Post added 31-07-2013 at 19:37 ----------

I'm going to go for a 2-1 win in this win hopefully Taylor or Brandy can score , get the ball rolling early . :) UTB

I'd normally agree re Doyle and porter, but they appear to have a new lease of life with weir in charge.

Agreed though, it is only pre season and means nothing.

I do think he will persist with them though.

Id also add to the list Westlake and Williamd who I don't rate, but have also impressed in pre season.

I'll be there on Friday, pre-drink before the game, post-drink after and hopefully a Blades win, I hope the crowd get behind Weir and the team and give them good support.

Just clearing my throat now........

"...you fill up my senses..."

UTB!

COYRAWW, looking forward to this. I've got zero interest in pre season but tomorrow, we're back !

Ideally,I would like to see a marker put down tomorrow for what is likely to happen at the Lane for the rest of the season,I want to see the Blades really getting into teams,physically and mentally,bossing them around instead of being bullied on our own pitch and dictated too like we were on occasions last season,hopefully we will have more pace around the pitch and a greater physical prescence,plus the legs to outlast teams and take them all the way to 90+ plus minutes.

Fancy passing or longball,as long as it's not aimless hoofball,I want to see us pressure them and press them right from our front man to the back 4,winning the ball back quickly when we lose it and generally putting the opposition on the back foot from the first whistle with a greater work ethic and commitment than we saw last season.All this squad have something to prove in one way or another this season,Weir also.........so let's hope that they are up for it,it's a long hard road and results are not always going to go for us,but as long as we see we are heading in the right direction and these players are capable of improvement over time, while they are accumulating a decent win/points ratio in the first few games,it could be a successful season.We need leaders and inspiration on and off the pitch,players who are going to make the difference in close games,show character and take the waverers with them when the chips are down to come through with a result.

I don't know the guy,but i am sure that Weir is a clear thinker who knows exactly how he wants to play,what he expects from the players and has a good idea on how to improve on last year despite the financial constraints,and I believe that he is going to give players a chance to prove that they are up to his mark at the start of the season,but if they don't cut it,he will wheel and deal to bring in who he believes will make the difference.

I know you will mate ...Top man and a top Blade