Someone please help my keyboard on pc typing wrong letters

Please does anyone know whats wrong with the keyboard on my computer its typing the wrong letters if i try to type google it puts gh does anyone know whats wrong with it or do i need a new keyboard

Please does anyone know whats wrong with the keyboard on my computer its typing the wrong letters if i try to type google it puts gh does anyone know whats wrong with it or do i need a new keyboard

Sounds like a couple of the keys are sticking.. have you spilt anything in it? Or it could just be broken..is it a PC or laptop?

My son spilled dilute orange on it last night it was working ok but this morning its just typing in double letters

If its a pc keyboard just sling it an buy a new one for under a tenner

get a new keyboard and it will be fine,your lucky,i blew a computer by spilling tea on the keyboard

Unplug your keyboard.

Put it in then dishwasher and do a quick cycle.

Shake it untill the water stops coming out.

Then dry it out in a warm cupboard wrapped in towels and facing keys down.

Itll take a few days to dry properly but if your buying a new one youll now have a spare

I did this when my ex erm, "spilled some stuff" on mine and im still using the keyboard 3 years later.

we put our hard drives in the freezer, our keyboards in the dishwasher,what number gas should i use for the tower :lol:

we put our hard drives in the freezer, our keyboards in the dishwasher,what number gas should i use for the tower :lol:

Laugh all you like, but have you tried it?

I'm not sure I'd go so far as putting it through a dishwasher, but the advice for anything which has had contaminated water washed through it is at least to rinse the parts clean- it won't be functioning any worse but it could improve things.

Back in the days of film my mum had a very expensive camera that was in a bag which also contained a bottle of wine which got broken and seeped into the camera. The repair shop were shocked that she hadn't rinsed the wine out because the sugars and acids in the wine are corrosive and dry into a sticky mess in the electronics and moving parts. Their advice was that if it's wet with contamination then it's already wet- you can't hurt it more by making it clean and wet (as long as you aren't soaking parts that were previously dry and fine). You may as well rinse it before drying so that if it's not harmed by the water it will also not be harmed by whatever was in the water.

They claimed that not only would they have had an 80% chance of repairing the camera if it was rinsed, but that they could have saved the film and the pictures on it too, but because it was allowed to dry with the acids and sugars inside it the whole thing ended up in the bin.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as putting it through a dishwasher,.

Why not?

Cool wash, short cycle, a little detergent then a good shake and dry.

Like ive already said ive done it. It was a £70 microsoft wireless keyboard too.