Tapton secondary school

I was at Tapton 1964-69.

Form teachers Miss Crofts (later Mrs Godbehere), Mrs Korklin, Miss Hibbard (later Mrs may), Mr Barton & Mr Shaw in chronological order.

Love to hear from you if you attended Tapton during this time. Some names I remember are Janet Priestley Linda Collins Susan Beighton Linda Wetherall Margaret Black Neil Siddons Tommy Radcliffe Judith Hoodlass Lynne & Pauline Bradshaw......... and oh so many more!

Hello LyndaM,

We have been in contact before re: Clarence Street / Victoria Street / Springfield School.

I was at Tapton during those years, one of the girls you mention - Janet Hoodless was in my class at Tapton: 4XL ( Miss Lavers ), Janet I believe now lives in Canada.

I can the remember just about all the teachers who were there at the time and can picture the school inside and out ( as it use to be ) as though it was yesterday.

Other girls names you may remember from that era: Barbara Roberts, The Day Twins, Sally Murphin, Sylvia Marriot, may remember this lad also: Stuart Carnell ?

Hello LyndaM,

We have been in contact before re: Clarence Street / Victoria Street / Springfield School.

I was at Tapton during those years, one of the girls you mention - Janet Hoodless was in my class at Tapton: 4XL ( Miss Lavers ), Janet I believe now lives in Canada.

I can the remember just about all the teachers who were there at the time and can picture the school inside and out ( as it use to be ) as though it was yesterday.

Other girls names you may remember from that era: Barbara Roberts, The Day Twins, Sally Murphin, Sylvia Marriot, may remember this lad also: Stuart Carnell ?

Hi John

Been off site for a while. I don't remember the girls but do remember name Stuart Carnell. Hoped to have had more replies.....wonder where everyone is?

---------- Post added 06-08-2013 at 22:59 ----------

Hello LyndaM,

The Hoodlass I remember was Judith not Janet, unless I've got it wrong.

Michael Jaques?

Was Carnell the red headed cross country runner?

Hi John

Been off site for a while. I don't remember the girls but do remember name Stuart Carnell. Hoped to have had more replies.....wonder where everyone is?

---------- Post added 06-08-2013 at 22:59 ----------

The Hoodlass I remember was Judith not Janet, unless I've got it wrong.

Hello Lynda,

No you haven't got it wrong, there was a Judith but she had two sisters I believe, one of which I knew to be Janet.

---------- Post added 11-08-2013 at 00:50 ----------

Michael Jaques?

Was Carnell the red headed cross country runner?

Cross country runner - Yes.

Red headed - N0........he had blonde hair

Just wondering if any one went to taptop seconday school on darwin lane and knew the dexters any one leave around 2003

I was there between 1966 to 1971 'ish. A long time ago indeed. 

Just found Year photos on a website and recognise many of the teachers. Many names from my Year come to mind; Dave Green, Gary Wild, Gary Hattersley, Sue Froggatt, Jackie Clement. Gerald Colley and his mates. So many more.  50 years ago......! It would be great to hear from anyone from that period. Chris.