How moving postcodes affects insurance prices

I doubt a chav could afford to buy my car in the first place.

.....and that's on an 08 impreza

thats an oxymoron if i ever heard 1 :hihi:

im paying over £500 fully comp on a 2004 renault scenic with 13yrs no claims. always shop around and go for the cheapest. ironically im paying a few pounds over £100 for fully comp on a 130bhp motorcycle :loopy:

thats an oxymoron if i ever heard 1 :hihi:

Whenever I see someone blitzing along in an impreza I always think to myself, what a thoroughly nice sophisticated charming fellow he must be. I'll bet he's only up the backside of that car in front because he's in a rush to get to his country club's wine tasting event. And who doesn't like dubstep music played at an incredibly stupid loud level, I know I do.

Actually it's a practical and very safe 5 door family hatchback that doesn't get stuck in the snow.

There's no point in trying to understand insurance prices. Everyone knows it's a black magic voodoo ritual performed by insurance companies to pluck the prices out of the ether!

We moved from s20 to s2 in march and my insurance more than doubled !! It's a con and a joke went from paying £500 a year to £1100,just for moving house,some of our friends live at Thorpe hesley and to insure my car if I lived there is just £302 !!!

Actually it's a practical and very safe 5 door family hatchback that doesn't get stuck in the snow.

So it is just the sport :hihi:

If you're paying more than £200 for insurance then I think it's probably more to do with you as a person than the area you live in.

My insurance for my main car would be half the price if I live where I worked :( S9 isn't that much difference to S10 ;)

I don't know many people now paying less than £200 car insurance unless it's a classic?

s5 prices have been a joke for over 20yrs

every year i have to shop around

miss's car last year was a 1.5cc diesel limited 5000miles 12yrs ncb protected me as named driver quote from adrein flux came in at £798 shopped around and got it £367 privilege

and we are both 40+ yrs old

this year she just got new car but 2000cc diesel £477

we both have clean license's and no claims against us

my daughter is 20yrs old

use's car 1.2 cc punto 5ys ncb named driver £1300

last year 3rd party f&t

year earlier £1800

crazy how do their expect people to pay daft prices

Edited by barts96

Most drivers pay under £200 for insurance, really? I don't know anyone in any location with insurance that low, I'm certain yours isn't on an Impreza which are known for being high risk chavwagons.

I pay less than £200 for each of 3 cars...and one is a V8..

I pay less than £200 for each of 3 cars...and one is a V8..

so is one a classic ?as i pay £150 for my classic alone in s5

like to know how you get less than £200 per car ?

so is one a classic ?as i pay £150 for my classic alone in s5

like to know how you get less than £200 per car ?

One is (£100 a year) ...the other 2 aren't... I must have a good broker...but everyone's circumstances are different....

Interesting, the car I have now got, i bought last november, and just to see how much more expensive/less expensive it would be from switching cars, (1999 V Megane Scenic 1.6 RXE over to 2003 03 Megane Scenic 1.9DCi Dynamique+, I did some new searches,using BOTH Comaprison Sites AND straight over to Insurers Websites. for both cars, Now having had my 1.6 for 2 yrs, and had same insurer for those 2 years, I had a rough idea of what to expect, as I had not long since before had my renewal quote for Year 3 for the 1999 Vehicle, so using their website, I had a rough idea of the price difference between the 2 vehicles (already had quote from existing insurer for the 03 car).

Was only around a £7 per month increase from 1999 to 2003 car around £80 for the year difference between the 2 cars.

I live S2 City Rd area, so, just for a laugh, I put in EXACT SAME DETAILS at the address from which I bought the car from, ( S12, Jaunty Rd area) with my details, ad there was an enourmous £230 price difference, LOWER for S12 for the exact same car and my details for S2, so its best to shop all round everywhere to get best deals, I have and saved myself some money to boot, so it DOES GO ON THE RISK AREA/POSTCODE,