How moving postcodes affects insurance prices

S5 is lovely although I am a little biased

I moved from S13 Handsworth to S13 Woodhouse and my insurance went up by £200 (about 35%). Direct line gave me a quote £200 below my existing policy and I was going to pay the cancellation fee and still be in profit until we ascertained that they had my old address on their system. New address = same price.

If you're paying more than £200 for insurance then I think it's probably more to do with you as a person than the area you live in.

Would you have moved if you were a homeowner in S6?

a big fat yes!!! much bigger house (not a terrace) massive garden front and back. no local chavs hassling you (bottom of burgoin rd) no fighting for parking. no fighting in the street (we rung police twice in the last 6 month or so ) really nice neighbours ( not the old troll that thought she owned the shared yard we had) so yeah. we were looking to move but when our landlord gave us our notice it was almost a blessing in disguise. our standard of living has gone way up do to the move

I went from S11 (on road parking) to S8 (drive) and my insurance went up ???

If you're paying more than £200 for insurance then I think it's probably more to do with you as a person than the area you live in.

Your thinking wrong demonmiss, plenty of prices are over £200 even with 10 years + no claims. Why do you think they have such things as insurance category's and postcode bands? They have databases which compare every single detail.

a big fat yes!!! much bigger house (not a terrace) massive garden front and back. no local chavs hassling you (bottom of burgoin rd) no fighting for parking. no fighting in the street (we rung police twice in the last 6 month or so ) really nice neighbours ( not the old troll that thought she owned the shared yard we had) so yeah. we were looking to move but when our landlord gave us our notice it was almost a blessing in disguise. our standard of living has gone way up do to the move

Sounds good. Proof that renting can definitely have benefits over buying. I suppose if you get fed up of S5 for any reason you can always move again. You must have a good credit and track record as a tenant being able to move around at the drop of a hat. Lovely stuff.

I agree, in my case it says I'm daft enough to drive a car that is a group 18.

Your thinking wrong demonmiss, plenty of prices are over £200 even with 10 years + no claims. Why do you think they have such things as insurance category's and postcode bands? They have databases which compare every single detail.

He's in the same area as me and I'm paying waaaaay less insurance than him and that's on an 08 impreza which is not a cheap car to insure, so he's either A: very young B: driving a super car, or C: got a few motoring convictions, or a wild card of not shopping around and getting ripped off.

He's in the same area as me and I'm paying waaaaay less insurance than him and that's on an 08 impreza which is not a cheap car to insure, so he's either A: very young B: driving a super car, or C: got a few motoring convictions, or a wild card of not shopping around and getting ripped off.

Most drivers pay under £200 for insurance, really? I don't know anyone in any location with insurance that low, I'm certain yours isn't on an Impreza which are known for being high risk chavwagons.

Most drivers pay under £200 for insurance, really? I don't know anyone in any location with insurance that low, I'm certain yours isn't on an Impreza which are known for being high risk chavwagons.

I doubt a chav could afford to buy my car in the first place.

I live in Burncross and drive a car with the same insurance rating as an Impreza, I have never had a claim ever and I have held a license for 30 years, no matter where I look I cannot get insured for under £450, same goes with the other half who has an even longer unblemished license.

---------- Post added 28-07-2013 at 11:11 ----------

Is it just the sport :hihi:

I moved from s35 to S5 and my insurance went up nearly 50%. I moved to a different bit of S5 and its gone down again