How moving postcodes affects insurance prices

just thought i'd let you know: I recently moved house. from S6 2xx to S5 9xx and my car insurance went down by £20! I'm due a refund for moving into a supposed worse area :-)

just thought i'd let you know: I recently moved house. from S6 2xx to S5 9xx and my car insurance went down by £20! I'm due a refund for moving into a supposed worse area :-)

I'm going to need to see proof of that. I simply don't believe you. Good try though.

That's not fair! I moved from s26 4** to s5 9** and mine went up! By a lot more than £20!

This is probably due to the recent drop in all car insurances prices!

It's because the criminals travel from the cruddy area (s5) to the nicer areas (s6) to steal cars, all you get round s5 are datsuns and old toyotas.

Edited by denomis

I'm going to need to see proof of that. I simply don't believe you. Good try though.

well it did. soon as i get the paperwork through the post you're welcome to come and have a gander yourself. :thumbsup:

well it did. soon as i get the paperwork through the post you're welcome to come and have a gander yourself. :thumbsup:

Why did you move from S6 to S5, I'm interested? I need the whole picture.

Why did you move from S6 to S5, I'm interested? I need the whole picture.

Why is it that if I live in S7 I cant pretend to be in the more posh S11 ?

landlord had a change in circumstance and needed the house back. my partner works in s5. childcare is in s5. i work on the border of s5/s6. it made sense to move to the area we drive to everyday. and on top of the insurance saving we're saving £100 month on fuel! we win!!!

Why is it that if I live in S7 I cant pretend to be in the more posh S11 ?

Some parts of S7 are very nice indeed. No need to feel inadequate.

I moved from S13 Handsworth to S13 Woodhouse and my insurance went up by £200 (about 35%). Direct line gave me a quote £200 below my existing policy and I was going to pay the cancellation fee and still be in profit until we ascertained that they had my old address on their system. New address = same price.

landlord had a change in circumstance and needed the house back. my partner works in s5. childcare is in s5. i work on the border of s5/s6. it made sense to move to the area we drive to everyday. and on top of the insurance saving we're saving £100 month on fuel! we win!!!

Would you have moved if you were a homeowner in S6?