CRB self employed

As a self employed person how do you get a crb check via an umbrella service?

hi muffin12

they are now called dbs checks (disclosure and barring service). you can only get a basic check on yourself. see

https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/overview

they may be a way round this by doing it via a site like this one but you would need to check it was all legal

http://www.crbmadeeasy.co.uk/index.htm

hope this helps

This is for Scotland.

Unwise to use this service in Sheffield- may not even be recognised.

As monkeygirl says use this.

From the link that monkeygirl posted :

If you need to run a check on yourself, you can get a ‘basic disclosure’ with details of any unspent convictions from Disclosure Scotland (anywhere in the UK).

So I think you will find it is above board, could you please explain why it wouldn't be relevant in Sheffield? seeing as how the government advise that you can use this service anywhere in the uk

i'm not sure that it's NOT above board but i would check it out as there is no point in having a disclosure from an organisation that will just say that everything is fine if you just pay them the money.

the scotland check is only a basic one - it depends what you will be doing but most places want people to get an enhanced check. if it is all legit then the second link i posted seems an ideal way to do it. you can't dbs yourself becuase then you would be sent the info about yourself and could just say everything was ok even if it wasn't.what most people don't realise is that, at least with the old crb service, there are two sets of documents - one that the person who is named gets and another one for the employer which may contain other information - hence why you can't do the check yourself. on the link i posted, they hold the second piece of info so you are registered with them. i hope that makes sense - not sure i've explained it very well

Just used disclosure scotland took a while but came in the end.