Is castle market moving onto the Moor?

I have heard castle market will be welcomed onto the moor, does anyone know when this will be happening?

Yes the market is moving, I think it's some time in September that it's due to move.

Do you live under a rock ? The market move has been planned for years now.

Thought a date had been mentioned for November of this year. The building has been going up rapidly and each time I go past a few more bits are done. It also looks as though most if not all of the stalls will be open despite the doom and gloom merchants who claimed on the forum that no-one wanted the new stalls, couldn't afford the prices and didn't want to be stuck on the outskirts of the city centre.

I know of a few traders that will be moving to the new market in November

Does that mean the smelly fish mongers then?

A bit worrying that someone who owns a shop at the top of the Moor didn't know about this until now.

A bit worrying that someone who owns a shop at the top of the Moor didn't know about this until now.

What's the worry?

I was just wondering has the new market been given a name? Obviously it wont retain the name Castle market but is it going to be the Moor market or Sheffield market as two possible examples, maybe the council should start a competition to name it

What's the worry?

Have you seen the type of people who hang around Castle Market?

That's The Moor killed stone dead for me.

Have you seen the type of people who hang around Castle Market?

That's The Moor killed stone dead for me.

you're saying that people who shopped in the pound shops and jumble sale shops which have lined both sides of the moor for the last ten years are going to be scared off by market shoppers, I would have thought that the market shoppers would be horrified at the state of some of the people who have brought the moor down to it's lowest ebb over the last decade.

Castle Market closes 16 Nov & The Moor Market opens 18 Nov