The Springwood Pub

lmao u lot do make me chuckle, but we are not all like it you know !

Well I suppose we will just have to wait and see what does happen with it, I do wish they would hurry up though, it does look a shocking mess outside !!!

lmao u lot do make me chuckle, but we are not all like it you know !

Well I suppose we will just have to wait and see what does happen with it, I do wish they would hurry up though, it does look a shocking mess outside !!!

Like i said it has been reported , but feel free to report it again ss if more do , the more enviromental will act !

Still no news on this pub I am guessing :-( It really does look an eyesore !

I pass it twice a day, not seen a soul working near it for ages, but the vandalism on it gets worse week by week.

It is owned by a company called select & save but they have run out of money so thats y nothing is happening with it but they have had a request from tesco to buy it

HM The Queen is reported to have an agent checking it over for a Northern base for her and Phillip.

Been past the Springwood Pub on the Manor/Woodthorpe area (It always had a bad reputation as i grew up round there) and i've seen that all the furniture has been ripped out and put into a very large skip which still remains, water has been drained from something during the heatwave as there was a massive streak of water coming down the car park bit for a few days, its still all boarded up but i have seen the main door opened up with men working in there a few times as i've been going past, has it been bought maybe to be re-furbished as a public house again (won't work imo), or bought to be turned into something, either a shop or maybe a resturant (a shop would be nice... but a resturant wouoldn't be too bad either)?

Just wondering if anyone who lives near the area knows anything. Thanks

it wont be a refurb, more likely the boilers been nicked along with the copper pipe work and anything else that could be nicked and sold on. most pubs have had their day nor the brewery's have put the rent's up, along with the price of beer, and utility bills also pubs closed if they didn't serve food I don't mean the odd pucka pie, they needed to sell food to help pay the bills and lots of pubs didn't have kitchens or facilities for preparing food and serving it no doudt it will became a mini Tesco's or another shop or god forbid an other indian restaurant

I would feel for the shop owners on Woodthorpe shops if a Tesco opened, it would kill their trade. On the other hand I would appreciate anyone opening it as something !!!

Isn't the High noon further up turning into a shop?

The working class areas continue to lose pubs in Sheffield. People are priced out of drinking beer. There needs to be reform and reduced tax on alcohol. Alcohol duty is a regressive tax anyhow, it affects the poorest the most and drives inequality.

Isn't the High noon further up turning into a shop?

The working class areas continue to lose pubs in Sheffield. People are priced out of drinking beer. There needs to be reform and reduced tax on alcohol. Alcohol duty is a regressive tax anyhow, it affects the poorest the most and drives inequality.

I don't think it is anything to do with people being priced out of drinking beer. The Manor/ Hyde Park/Park Hill lost their pubs years ago. They weren't...erm... that nice to go into.. Let's just leave it there.