KJS Aston Springs.

Lake 2 is a decent pond mate, to be fair its not commercials i have a problem with, its match fishing in general, because i have a young daughter (too young to take fishing :) ) and other commitments i dont get to go fishing as much as i would like, and because i fished for a club i found most of my time was fishing overfished venues drawing rubbish pegs and not catching much which was taking the 'pleasure' out of fishing. I am back to enjoying fishing by choosing where i go fishing for what i want when i want!!! There will be times when i fancy a day on a commercial but at moment i am enjoying the natural venues!!!

Lake 2 is a decent pond mate, to be fair its not commercials i have a problem with, its match fishing in general, because i have a young daughter (too young to take fishing :) ) and other commitments i dont get to go fishing as much as i would like, and because i fished for a club i found most of my time was fishing overfished venues drawing rubbish pegs and not catching much which was taking the 'pleasure' out of fishing. I am back to enjoying fishing by choosing where i go fishing for what i want when i want!!! There will be times when i fancy a day on a commercial but at moment i am enjoying the natural venues!!!

I totally understand what you mean as I too am very much in the same mind.

I was only fishing club matches but a few year ago I did dabble with a few opens mostly when I had time off work. But this year I've decided to drop all club commitments.

I must admit I've enjoyed my fishing far more since, it's difficult to like what you're doing when the fun goes.

I'm far happier sticking to a couple of venues and even if I have a poor day I don't really mind as much as fishing from a peg or venue I don't want to be.