Dog head collar recommendations

We are still using the dogmatic it took some time to adjust from a canny collat/k9 bridle which Work differently but it has been a really good choice would recommend it

Oh thank you diamond123, it sounds like you tried a few in the end :hihi: we had a dogmatic before and I was very pleased with it but sadly (and dont ask how the hell its happened as I have no clue) the dogmatic plus 2 halti's are nowhere to be found which is beyond weird...hey ho!

We've tried almost every brand of head collar you could name but always come back to the dogmatic

Just looking through this thread and wondered how this head collar works? also is it difficult for them to get off?

Works like a figure 8, and no, they can't get it off

Some dogs don't like head collars and it can take a bit of perseverance to get them to accept it. An alternative is the Mekuti Harness or one with a 'D' ring on the chest piece. One of mine has needed a bit of walking to heel retraining recently. She has a Perfect Fit harness which has the aforementioned 'D' ring. Using a lead clipped to this and another to the ring on the back solved the problem immediately.

Edited by ccit