Dog head collar recommendations

I have tried a no pull harness before but it makes her sore under her front legs and doesnt stop lunging?

I have emailed the dogmatic people and they dont see a problem with me using it alongside a flexi. Where did other dogmatic users buy theirs from? I know bradway pet shop do them but i have no idea where that is? Is it on your way out to dronfield coming from norton?

I have tried a no pull harness before but it makes her sore under her front legs and doesnt stop lunging?

I have emailed the dogmatic people and they dont see a problem with me using it alongside a flexi. Where did other dogmatic users buy theirs from? I know bradway pet shop do them but i have no idea where that is? Is it on your way out to dronfield coming from norton?

When you get to Norton, take the Greenhill Park way towards Greenhill / Lowedges. You'll come to a roundabout, Go straight on, on your left is lowedges, on the right is Greenhill, past a petrol station, as your coming in to Bradway it's on your right hand side.

You can buy them online from their website :)

I wouldn't use a dogmatic with a dog that lunges - I used to have one on my springer and she will lunge when she sees cats or food on the floor (greedy!), and if she whipped round she could back out of it with enough force.... you can get fleece padded head collars that work like the k9 brindle

---------- Post added 25-07-2013 at 19:02 ----------

Sorry, it would help if I told you where to get them - they're called martingale headcollars:

http://www.martingaleheadcollar.co.uk/#!/~/product/category=0&id=18664266

A halti is out then as she lunges a lot!? I dont wana hurt her. Its more to control her when shes lunging than anything else? She walks lovely with a standard collar yntil we are in close proximity to things when she drags and lunges.

I am looking into the dogmatic how do people with dogs that lunge find these?

I have not seen any mentions on here for the Gentle Leader, which was my choice for a dog aggressive great dane. I have a drawer full of others that did not do the job. THE GENTLE LEADER is the one for me.

Thank you for all your help and advice. She doesnt ever back off from anything only ever goes forward. I think im going to try the dogmatic there is just so many options and i like the fact it is padded as this is the main problem with the current head collar and it wont ride up or go anywhere? Hopefully its right choice

Diamond, we use Dogmatics all the time now and find them to be totally the best.

If you wanted to come up to us, we have loads of different sizes - can find one that fits and we also sell them.

We walk so many dogs in them that have issues and we find its the only one that is safe.

We use a double ended lead - clipping one end to the collar and the other to the dogmatic ring. For dogs that do back out we always use the leather Dogmatics as they have a snugger fit.

I bought Digby (my GD) the leather dogmatic and as Rain said, they are a snug fit. When Digby tries to go backwards there is no way that his dogmatic would come off (if it is fitted correctly) as when they pull it closes their mouth and pulls forward behind their ears. I find these effective even for dogs that lunge as when they do it closes their mouth and gives you total control. I'm no lightweight but Digby is 55kg and he can't take me anywhere when he's got his dogmatic on!! :hihi: Unlike on Saturday when I just had his normal house collar and lead on and he pulled me off my feet - luckily we were only up the garden introducing my sisters dogs. :o

We got her a dogmatic from Rachael at bradway pet shop who was great

We are both learning with it but diamonds a dream to walk on it so hopefully it will be a good investment

Maybe try a Lupi for the lunging?

I use tuffstuff headcollar.

They are absolutely excellent!

I have one you can try out if you want.

http://www.tuffstuff-ltd.co.uk/p/15/head-harness

^They also embroid it free of charge, dogs name.. your name.. telephone number.. whatever!

Just looking through this thread and wondered how this head collar works? also is it difficult for them to get off?

We are still using the dogmatic it took some time to adjust from a canny collat/k9 bridle which Work differently but it has been a really good choice would recommend it