Oh Britain, Please Britain

Listening to the news, or watching Newsnight .. or checking the BBC website for any news … I often end up with this impression: sometimes I feel the UK media pays more attention to news related to far away places ( an example would be the Middle East ) than what is happening here :confused:

correct me if you feel I am wrong :|

i should think theres far more news happens in "the rest of the world" than what happens here :suspect:

I'm disgusted that there are no more Political scandals involving eroticism, oranges and rope (90's Tories?).

I'm disgusted that there are no more Political scandals involving eroticism, oranges and rope (90's Tories?).

A New York mayoral candidate Mr Weiner apparently keeps sending photos of his "weiner" to strangers at the moment.

I am purposely avoiding the news at the moment,as my gag reflexes can't take no more!

It does make you wonder though,what stories would have made the news this week,if the royal baby wasn't due.

I am purposely avoiding the news at the moment,as my gag reflexes can't take no more!

It does make you wonder though,what stories would have made the news this week,if the royal baby wasn't due.

It's silly season so not much, although 2000 Syrians have died since I typed this. Tragic, but not new sadly.

2000 Syrians have died since I typed this

True. And I was sat on a beach in Rhodes last week reflecting that it was happening only 500 miles away.

That's like sitting on a beach in Devon while genocide takes place in Scotland.

If nothing else, the news reminds us how lucky we are.

True. And I was sat on a beach in Rhodes last week reflecting that it was happening only 500 miles away.

That's like sitting on a beach in Devon while genocide takes place in Scotland.

If nothing else, the news reminds us how lucky we are.

Boy you know how to relax don't you Chumley.

Such as death, misery and disaster, yes its always more pleasant to hear about those things.:roll:

If only the Windsors could produce a baby everyday,we would all be so much happier.:rolleyes:

If only the Windsors could produce a baby everyday,we would all be so much happier.:rolleyes:

Peace off.:rolleyes:

I actually much prefer bbc world news to bbc news. Problem is we get very little interesting news from around the whole world. There's loads going on in Asia that we never hear about.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android