Aagrah to take over Amraj soon

Ok folks listen up

the aagrah is the best indian curry house anywhere and b4 anyone says i work there , i dont but i know my meat quality.

the aagrah has got to be one of the best meat quality restaurents in sheffield.

also me n my mate joe go all over to currys houses even out of town but its defo aagrah then akbers.

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 00:13 ----------

I wish them all the very best in success as they are originally from.bradford

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 00:16 ----------

Oh n im.not even related to them, infact i have nought to do wi aagrah except eating their delicious food mmmmm

Such a shame the one at a crystal peaks is just a world buffet! I was hoping there would be a choice of buffet or restaurant menu. Will have to keep making trips to the one on Leopold square instead! :)

I went here last night, it is £12.99 up until the 15th November and then it goes up by a quid.

To call it a "World Buffet" is a bit of a misnomer given they had one token Pasta dish and a token Chinese dish, 95% of it was Indian but that is more than fine, and they had a decent salad and dessert selection (including about 8 flavours of ice cream, not your usual cheap vanilla/strawberry/chocolate selections you usually get at places like this).

However I cant help but feel the place has a massive design flaw - to get from the restaurant to the buffet you have to cross through the bar/entrance area. Fine when its quiet but when that bar is packed its not going to be fun to weave through all the waiting diners!

Decent food though, definitely visit again.

Edited by No User Name

The Amraj always resembled a hospital canteen, cold coloured tiled floors, utility tables and chairs and a total lack of ambience. TV's placed at strategic intervals around the walls doesn't help either. The Aahgrah in Leopold Square had a similar set up so I will be interested to pay the newly owned Aahgrah a visit.

I'm bemused why the Amraj people moved from their position at Drakehouse to Beighton where the footfall must be 10% of the Drakehouse premises?

I'm bemused why the Amraj people moved from their position at Drakehouse to Beighton where the footfall must be 10% of the Drakehouse premises?

Quite simply, rental costs.

New amraj opening on Monday 25th November but not licenced for alcohol and no byo hope it works out for him but not sure without alcohol being served.

I recently visited the Aagrah and I shall not be going back. Although the selection of starters was varied and well presented, when it came to the main course it was 95% Indian with very poor descriptions as to how hot or otherwise each dish was. The only other dishes available were Thai fish cakes and Cantonese Rice. To advertise this as "World Buffett" is surely a breach of the Trades Descriptions Act. Not much choice of sweets, however the ice cream was very nice. Overall a very poor replacement for the former Amraj where the food and choice was always excellent, I cant wait for the New Amraj in nearby Beighton to open.

Went to Aagrah last night, the first time ive been since it replaced Amraj, and I have to say the food was great but the service was the worst we have had for a long time.

They made numerous mistakes, Drinks took about 10mins to arrive,my partner asked for a small cobra as he was driving but they gave him a large one and disappeared before he could say anything. By the time a waiter had come back he had given up. He ended up paying for a large but only drinking half of it.

The wrong starter turned up, it took two attempts to get a glass of water with my wine and my partner never did get a knife to eat his dinner with, despite asking.

These would have been minor things, had they not given our food to another table. After 45mins waiting the waiter came and told us the problem and laid the blame on the customer who took the food and didnt tell him it was not their order. He said the food would be 5-6mins when actually it turned up after 20mins. We were tempted to walk out, we wished we had tried the buffet but took Al a carte at the waiters advice. When the food came out they made the chef bring it out on a cart and made him apologise, despite it not being the chefs fault, it all felt very awkward.

At the end of our meal all three waitors were clearing an setting the two empty tables opposite us, they did this for 15mins avoiding eye contact when I tried to signal for the bill. After making a total mess up of the main meal I couldn't understand why they would keep us waiting even longer!

At the end of the meal they dumped the bill on the table and stood waiting while I fished out some cash, no discount or offer of good will and they even charged for popadoms, which we did not know were charged for when the waiter asked if we wanted some, we didn't see them on the menu.

All in all, we wont be going back there again! Its a shame because we really like the Aagrah in the city centre.

food coooked in a factory and heated up and served like the rest of the chains, like buying tesco and heating it up

I've been to Aagrah recently and the food was delicious. And it was on a busy buffet night but we ordered separate meals specific to what we wanted.

It was the best food of its kind we've had in a long time. I even asked to speak to the manager so i could compliment him and he said "well thats because all the ingredients are fresh..." - so unless you've been in there and eaten there (and im not talking buffet food) then I don't think its fair to assume that because its a chain suddenly is sh*t.

I'll admit I've been to many chains which are terrible - red hot (god awful food), Aroma (not sure if you have that up here but its an all you can eat Chinese buffet), Ask, ... I didn't realise Aagrah was a chain until I read this!

all I can say is - I've been there 3 times in the past 6 months and i've always left satisfied and happy.

(i'm new to Sheffield so if anyone else can recommend another decent restaurant to try then i'd love to hear some recommendations....)

---------- Post added 15-12-2013 at 10:56 ----------

just read the post above..... I should say - i've only been to the city centre one....

I've been to Aagrah recently and the food was delicious. And it was on a busy buffet night but we ordered separate meals specific to what we wanted.

It was the best food of its kind we've had in a long time. I even asked to speak to the manager so i could compliment him and he said "well thats because all the ingredients are fresh..." - so unless you've been in there and eaten there (and im not talking buffet food) then I don't think its fair to assume that because its a chain suddenly is sh*t.

I'll admit I've been to many chains which are terrible - red hot (god awful food), Aroma (not sure if you have that up here but its an all you can eat Chinese buffet), Ask, ... I didn't realise Aagrah was a chain until I read this!

all I can say is - I've been there 3 times in the past 6 months and i've always left satisfied and happy.

(i'm new to Sheffield so if anyone else can recommend another decent restaurant to try then i'd love to hear some recommendations....)

---------- Post added 15-12-2013 at 10:56 ----------

just read the post above..... I should say - i've only been to the city centre one....

Hi try butlers Balti in town it's a favorite of mine

http://www.butlersbalti.com