Music in Walkley

I don't begrudge anyone a good time, but until 8am? It sounded like it was being turned down from time to time, then back up once the (presumably) police had left. I wish I knew where this party was, I would delight in parking up outside later, and blasting out Lithium.

Not sure what Walkley is like these days (student area, layout, etc.) but yes a bit of common courtesy is required for fellow residents.

If happens again rather than get involved directly, or thinking about some sort of payback, you could try ringing 101. The police non-emergency number - that's what they are there for (noise disturbance/pollution is listed as a service they cover).

My only day off this week and all I can hear is doof doof doof doof. I must be turning into an old grump.

I was kept awake by this too. Couldn't tell where it was coming from but ear plugs did naff all! :rant:

I called the police last night as there was a horrible fight at the top of my road. Really aggressive men. I was disturbed by it. When I rang the police they said someone was on the way and they were already aware of it. Bad night in Walkley! Knackered!

I'm just off walkley bank road

We could hear it most of the night as well. It was a good job it wasn't too hot last night because we had to shut the windows and my partner had to go sleep in the back room as the noise seemed to be coming from lower down Walkley.

I am against anyone having a good time. Anyone, if it means the rest of us can't watch TV in peace or get some sleep.

They should be locked and the offending equipment scrapped.

Simple and as drastic as that. Noise has to be the biggest polluter we have to endure.

I'm so glad it wasn't just me, it was driving me mad! I rang 101 at 2.30am saying I thought it was coming from a neighbouring st, they passed it on to the environmental team. They called but said they finish at 3am so wouldn't be investigating.

Well it got to 4.30am and I thought that's it I'm off to find where it's coming from! I followed the music and ended up on Langsett road, although the music was even louder I still hadn't found it. I was on my own so didnt fancy wondering any further at that time. But it sounded to me as if it was coming from neepsend/ shalesmoor which makes me think it was an illegal rave or freeparty. I know there has been ones there before.

I think it finally stopped at 10.30 this morning. I'm all for people having a good time & enjoying themselves, I probably would of took part in similar stuff when I was younger but do it literally in the middle of nowhere, not where the sound can travel! I've had exactly 1 hours sleep and got my child to look after all day! :gag:

also heard it all night,still was going this morning dont know were it was coming from,

I blame Tramlines! I'm off for a nap zzzzzz

we heard it all night on south road, thought it was coming from town, very little sleep had.