Sign in to follow this  

Im going to sound like a right health obsessed freak but.. rash

...as it is near impossible to get a doctors appointment in any time less than a week i thought id ask if anyone here knows anything useful..

i have a rash on my back.i dont know how long it has been there but my boyfriend spotted it last night. i wouldnt usually even think twice about such a thing but it is in a very strange pattern.. like someone has got purple/red paint on a hairbrush and printed it onto my back or something.. i have tried washing it off so have come to the conclusion it is actally a rash.. and ideas anyone? :S

...as it is near impossible to get a doctors appointment in any time less than a week i thought id ask if anyone here knows anything useful..

i have a rash on my back.i dont know how long it has been there but my boyfriend spotted it last night. i wouldnt usually even think twice about such a thing but it is in a very strange pattern.. like someone has got purple/red paint on a hairbrush and printed it onto my back or something.. i have tried washing it off so have come to the conclusion it is actally a rash.. and ideas anyone? :S

Changed washing powder or soap or other product recently? Been wearing clothes that would make your back warm and sweaty? (gross I know!)

Most likely to be an allergic reaction or prickly heat, or perhaps a mild dose of eczema... that is if you're not also feeling under the weather at all?

P.S. I also forgot, I get a rash which sounds similar to the one you describe and recently realised i'm actually allergic to the wool my scarf is made out of, if you've been wearing any wooly jumpers!

Do you have any other symptoms and it's not just a stipple mark from something you habitually rest against is it?

Go to the walk-in clinic at the Hallamshire - you will be seen right away and it is open 8am - 8pm. :thumbsup:

http://photobucket.com/albums/y245/satan_in_heels/?action=view&current=Photo-0149.jpg not a very good pic as took on my phone but that sorta looks like part of it. im sure it is something silly like tht evildrniel but still.. i dont think i have any other symptoms of ought.. ah wel.

That's a very regular pattern and in a rather organised rectangular shape. Looks like you've leaned against something/lain on something, could even be fabric. No need to consult a doctor really unless you've got other symptoms/it hurts or itches. :thumbsup:

That's a very regular pattern and in a rather organised rectangular shape. Looks like you've leaned against something/lain on something, could even be fabric. No need to consult a doctor really unless you've got other symptoms/it hurts or itches. :thumbsup:

Yeah It looks like you have leaned on something to me to, but if you are anything like me I would get it looked at as it saves worrying. You could just ask in the chemist they are often good with things like that, and open good hours too.

would it have been there for more than 24 hours though if i had leaned on something? will wait a few more days before seeking medical help anyways as its probably nothing..

would it have been there for more than 24 hours though if i had leaned on something? will wait a few more days before seeking medical help anyways as its probably nothing..

It depends I suppose, if it was something which actually caused minor damage to your skin then yes but I think you'd realise you'd done it. Very strange. Give it another 2 days or so then go to the docs, unless you're sure there's nothing you've changed that you could be allergic to?

http://photobucket.com/albums/y245/satan_in_heels/?action=view&current=Photo-0149.jpg not a very good pic as took on my phone but that sorta looks like part of it. im sure it is something silly like tht evildrniel but still.. i dont think i have any other symptoms of ought.. ah wel.

I really dont think you should be alarmed...by the looks of the photo it looks like her top has marked her back...my daughter had this....if it is it will have faded by 2morrow.....if you are worried at all it might be worth a trip to the Hallamshire Hospital,especially if she is feeling unwell in herself:thumbsup:

Could this be from a zip or a bra fastener? I can get rashes if certain metals come into contact with my skin.

Could also be from soap powder on clothes or sheets, shampoos, soap, hair dye, tea tree oil...

Basically, unless you feel ill (dizzy, headache, tired etc) and you are otherwise quite normal don't worry too much for now!