Jumbo Buffet is Landmark Restaurant

You like cook thats over cooked and under heater for gods knows how long, is that really for for texture of the meat and veg? food starts to go off if under 65 degrees, how warm is the food? how long has it been there?

no idea of the temperature of the foods,

but all these chinese all you can eats are the same with that, they slap it in a dish n when it runs out they top it up,

so for how long and what temp, i have no idea, i dont watch the time to see if its been changed nor walk around with temp gauge

do you ?

---------- Post added 13-09-2013 at 21:11 ----------

Are you still expected to pay before you eat?

we paid after we had finished

me and my daughter went tonight, was very disapointed with the duck wraps did not even taste like duck. was not a great deal of selection on starter food really and when it ran out it wasnt replaced we was in there for 8.30. choice of deserts was crap could have gone to corner shop for what they had on and thats for £10 im not a lover on main so cant say what that was like but there was a good choice of mains. i saw them stir it up but no one took temps in the hour or so we was there.

There is also a Chinese restaurant on the moor called ZingVa that does buffet food on a Saturday as well as a regular menu.

Found out Jumbo Buffet has changed hands when I took my wife there last night for a bit of a treat. It all seems nice, Christmas Decorations are up (not overkill, just a dab here and there).

The food - great. Really nice food, we had 2 plates each and I was stuffed (c'mon, I eat for fun and can usually put away a lot more than that, but the grub was just soo nice and the slices of pork soo delicious, I kinda stacked my plates really high and made a bit of a pig of myself).

Will happily go back as it is an improvement over the Jumbo, and we paid on exit, not in advance like Jumbo used to insist on.

My only grumble ... I didn't have enough space for desert, not even Ice Cream, as I waddled off towards the tram home :(

Went to Landmark for the last time today.

Nothing to do with the food...or the service.

I used to go there (mostly when it was Jumbo) for the last 4 years with someone I thought the world of....but we split in August...and this time was the time for me to close the door on that part of my life, shake the dust off my feet and walk on.

I now have no reason to revisit the place. :)

I think No 1 Buffet (If that's the one on Commercial St.) used to be the gas offices in the past. I remember as a youngster, going there to pay my mums gas bill. I agree that it was a bit like a canteen but the food was good.

I think No 1 Buffet (If that's the one on Commercial St.) used to be the gas offices in the past. I remember as a youngster, going there to pay my mums gas bill. I agree that it was a bit like a canteen but the food was good.

and sadly they have been shut for about a 12-month. their food was the nicest IMO but the worst for access, but the best disability access (and the worst food!) was the long-gone Wokmania on west street (where Tesco have expanded)

Do they do REAL chinese hotpot? ie. having the soups on the table with a burner and serving the meat/veg/fish raw for you to cook yourself, or is it some sort of dodgy westernized variety?

I had two great hotpots in Wuhan, one in a posh place that wouldn't have been out of place in Sheffield at all and one in a local roadside restaurant which was extermely good food but lesser surroundings. I'd love a place like that in Sheffield!

Tzil the place near Wong ting does it as well as some on London road.

Do they do REAL chinese hotpot? ie. having the soups on the table with a burner and serving the meat/veg/fish raw for you to cook yourself, or is it some sort of dodgy westernized variety?

I had two great hotpots in Wuhan, one in a posh place that wouldn't have been out of place in Sheffield at all and one in a local roadside restaurant which was extermely good food but lesser surroundings. I'd love a place like that in Sheffield!

I had a great hotpot in Zhuzhou and actually dated a French girl in Wuhan when I was in China.

Do you know of any authentic Chinese restaurants in Sheffield?

Found out Jumbo Buffet has changed hands when I took my wife there last night for a bit of a treat. It all seems nice, Christmas Decorations are up (not overkill, just a dab here and there).

The food - great. Really nice food, we had 2 plates each and I was stuffed (c'mon, I eat for fun and can usually put away a lot more than that, but the grub was just soo nice and the slices of pork soo delicious, I kinda stacked my plates really high and made a bit of a pig of myself).

Will happily go back as it is an improvement over the Jumbo, and we paid on exit, not in advance like Jumbo used to insist on.

My only grumble ... I didn't have enough space for desert, not even Ice Cream, as I waddled off towards the tram home :(

You joined SF to tell us how good this place is...gee thanks!!:suspect::suspect: