Halfords Auto Centre, Hillsborough poor service

20miles both way.

The point is this, yeah they screwed up, but it was kind of your own fault anyway because who in their right mind would use Halfords in the first place? Everyone knows they're rip off merchants.

It's good for stuff you can do and install yourself, but as soon as you let them touch your car you know they're going to take your pants down and bend you over.

The point is this, yeah they screwed up, but it was kind of your own fault anyway because who in their right mind would use Halfords in the first place? Everyone knows they're rip off merchants.

It's good for stuff you can do and install yourself, but as soon as you let them touch your car you know they're going to take your pants down and bend you over.

OOOOOooooooo :hihi:

agree stick to a family owned garage

If you want to pay way over the odds then yeah, go for it.

Not necessarily. Shame we don't do aircon because i think everyone charges way too much for that service! We are family owned business and never rip anyone off! :)

Air con service is not the thing I can do by myself. Not my fault that it decided to break in the hottest days this summer

And I wanted to save some time that's why I chose them. Also time of waiting was very short. The only reason I chose them.

halfords is like going to PC world to be a computer, your just going to get ripped off

Thanks for that Mr expert :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 21-07-2013 at 23:15 ----------

Well said.

Edited by kidneystone
Missed page two

Halfords can be very hit and miss.

If you know what you want then you can get a good deal, Sony stereos for example are on sale and cheaper than anywhere on the net. Same if you reserve Camping Gaz canisters - two or three pounds cheaper than Go Outdoors (with or without discount card). And their electrical contact cleaner is the cheapest around, but still good quality.

Then you have the service centres - a different thing entirely. They were warning my brother that his car's dual mass flywheel would make a clutch replacement a very expensive business. But his car didn't have a dual mass flywheel.

I've known them want to replace a major part based on mis-reading a fault code on an ABS fault.

We're talking about Halfords Autocentre though, not the Halfords stores. The autocentres were previously Nationwide Autocentres (and a number of other brands/companies before that), Halfords only purchased them in the last 4 or 5 years, and the staff are still the same as they were before.

Of course no reply from them. I even called them yesterday, a lady told me to wait for call back -of course no one called back all day.

I had a shock recently with a Halfords Auto Centre - popped in to ask them to look at my breaks - not great news and needed lots of parts replacing. They quoted almost £800! After almost choking on my tea, l took it to an independant garage who fixed it for less than £300. Bit of a difference and much more pleasant for my credit card. :)

What accounted for the price difference, less parts, non OEM parts, or labour?