Fridge packed in - where sells or who can repair fridges?

My fridge intermittently stops working and rises to 20 degrees inside. Had to chuck out a load of expressed milk and stuff as we've got a 2 month old. I know DART do repairs but can't get to us for a bit, so I either need someone who fixes fridges and is available asap or a place I can get a small, cheap but dependable fridge today.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Put you milk in a bucket of cold water, and place in a cool spot. Its what people did in the 'olden days' But, it works in an emergency :thumbsup: O sorry, didn't realise it was expressed milk...not sure about this at all.

hi only just seen your post. i have a under counter fridge 2 months old £60 .if this is of any use.

..note to self..read OP properly (was suggesting D.A.R.T)

Although have you asked if D.A.R.T have any reconditioned ones if they can't repair quickly?

This one has three recommendations on the "Which? Local" website.

Baber Cookers & Refrigeration,

33 Westfield Road, Bramley, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S66 2RX

Tel: 01709 541635

Mob: 07980 153624

NB - Only "Which?" subscribers can access the website.

twiddle the thermostat down and up again a few times. It's one of the most likely components to fail and you can sometimes persuade it to keep running for a while.

has the fridge got a freezer compartment in it as I may be interested johnwillyhb

Edited by raymondo1952
missed name off

If it's going on and off intermittently it may not be a fault with the fridge but the wiring. We had the same problem when we first moved into this place and found out the wiring in the loft was a total fire hazard and it was this that caused the plug socket to go on and off resulting in the fridge going on and off.

I fixed a similar issue on my fridge a few years ago, there was an issue with the wiring on the thermostat (Behind the light) and I fixed it myself albeit very nearly killed myself as tried it whilst plugged in first time. But does sound like there's a loose wire...hate to sound like I'm being patronizing but have you checked the plug and changed the fuse?

If it is the thermostat that has gone (and its quite common) they aren't expensive and quite easy to do yourself. Mine was about £15 and took ten minutes.

Beware if you call someone out as they will possibly be very expensive!!!

Sam

Make sure you have plenty of airflow round the back of the fridge too, and see if there is nay build up of gunk/dust or anything around the components in the back. Our fridge got to warm a few days ago and its because the cooling parts couldn't "breathe" because the fridge was to close to the wall and iot was covered in dirt