Plusnet problems again!

I am sick of plusnet I have been kept on hold for over an hour today as I am having problems with out going email.

They have done a screen share and then told me that every thing is O.K. they have come to this conclusion by sending emails to my own address which I receive but still cannot send mail to other addresses .A problem that they say is fixed but it is not. problem is also the hours and hours of being kept on hold .

Will I be breaking contract if I tell them to pee off as I am not getting the service I am paying for.

Just tried to get on PlusNet assist and they say that there is an error so that part of the help line has now gone tits up.

A once proud Sheffield company is taking the wee wee.

Edited by cuttsie

I'm sick of them also and have just had a bad experience with renewing my contract with them.

My contract was a few days from finishing so I decided to renew. I looked at their advertisement and read that they did an unlimited phone and broadband package for £2.50 PM for 12 months plus the usual line rental.

When I finally go through I asked if they would renew it the same as advertised and was told yes, so I decided to go ahead. I received confirmation and to my surprise the contract stated 12 month line rental but a 24 month broadband contract. After the initial 12 months at £2.50 they then would then charge £9.99 for the next 12 months.

I Phoned again and after 24 mins got through to complain and said the advert was misleading as people would assume the broadband contract would also be for 12 months. I quoted the advert and was then told to look at the link "Here's the legal bit." That stated that the broadband contract was for 18 months at £2.50 for the first 12 months and then £9.99 thereafter. I complained again and then stated that in the details that I received the contract states 24 months. The reply was "its because it was done on the phone!"

After much complaining in the end they relented and reduced it to a 12 month contract so when this one is up I shall give them the boot.

It would be interesting if people here could look at the ad and see what they make of it as to me, not stating up front that the broadband is for 18 months is very misleading.

I am sick of plusnet I have been kept on hold for over an hour today as I am having problems with out going email.

They have done a screen share and then told me that every thing is O.K. they have come to this conclusion by sending emails to my own address which I receive but still cannot send mail to other addresses .A problem that they say is fixed but it is not.

What they've probably done is to quickly configure an email client at their side and to send an email as if logging into their SMTP (Sending mail server) as yourself. If this was accepted by the server and the mail was sent then the problem is not with your account or their server, but would be caused by something that sits in the path between your email client and their server that is actively blocking that mail being sent. This may be Antivirus or Firewall software, or something else on the computer that might be blocking port 25 (The SMTP port).

If you want an idea of how long they'd take to answer a phonecall, first thing to do is to check their service status pages to see if there's any ongoing problems - if there are already issues (little amber or red icon instead of green) then they're more likely to receive higher call volumes. Seperately, they give an indication of current call volumes on the customer support stats page, which is linked off of service status.

I'm sick of them also and have just had a bad experience with renewing my contract with them.

My contract was a few days from finishing so I decided to renew. I looked at their advertisement and read that they did an unlimited phone and broadband package for £2.50 PM for 12 months plus the usual line rental.

When I finally go through I asked if they would renew it the same as advertised and was told yes, so I decided to go ahead. I received confirmation and to my surprise the contract stated 12 month line rental but a 24 month broadband contract. After the initial 12 months at £2.50 they then would then charge £9.99 for the next 12 months.

Their TV advert campaigns are designed to get new customers. It's evident that it's an introductory offer that won't last forever and will revert to a higher "normal" monthly cost after the initial time period. The fact that they were willing to put you on this offer when most companies would just state a "sorry, brand new customers only" is actually good on Plusnet's part. It's not the fault of the CSC agents if they aren't given the exact correct account change paths for this as I'm assuming that their development guys hadn't considered the possibility of current customers transferring to it and being re-tied into a lengthy contract. It's standard industry practice these days to try and tie a customer into an initial contract and only roll it over to a monthly rolling contract after the initial period has expired. The fact that you yourself chose to "renew as per the terms of the advert" means that you yourself were agreeing to a new lengthy contract. If you'd done nothing, you should have been on a monthly rolling contract, and would have been able to leave just giving 30 days notice/request of your MAC code.

I am sick of plusnet I have been kept on hold for over an hour today as I am having problems without going email.

They have done a screen share and then told me that every thing is OK they have come to this conclusion by sending emails to my own address which I receive but still cannot send mail to other addresses .A problem that they say is fixed but it is not. Problem is also the hours and hours of being kept on hold .

Will I be breaking contract if I tell them to pee off as I am not getting the service I am paying for.

Just tried to get on PlusNet assist and they say that there is an error so that part of the help line has now gone tits up.

A once proud Sheffield company is taking the wee wee.

I have been in touch with Plusnet once again this morning [10 mins waiting time] and the guy who I spoke to has sorted me out, he spotted that I had made mistakes in forwarding my emails so I apologised .

The time spent last night getting through was a nightmare and my mistake was not spotted as that would have been better all round.

This is terrible service from plusnet.

We have only been with them for 2 weeks, nothing in the house will keep a steady connection to the internet, the lights on the router are flashing, then stop, then flash.

The phone does not work, either, not very good when I am trying to do work at home.

Better still, I call kept on phone for 37 minutes, randomly get cut off and have to call again, straight to back of que, to listen to another round of oasis, kaiser chiefs,

You shouldn't be charging people for a service you cannot provide

This is terrible service from plusnet.

We have only been with them for 2 weeks, nothing in the house will keep a steady connection to the internet, the lights on the router are flashing, then stop, then flash.

The phone does not work, either, not very good when I am trying to do work at home.

Better still, I call kept on phone for 37 minutes, randomly get cut off and have to call again, straight to back of que, to listen to another round of oasis, kaiser chiefs,

You shouldn't be charging people for a service you cannot provide

Wireless or hardwired?

Both, still on hold

---------- Post added 05-02-2014 at 12:52 ----------

11.15 called

11.40 cut off

12.20 answered and cut off mid conversation

12.40 answered and been put back on hold.

All at 20p per min been nearly 80 mins on phone, no landline and ringing 0800 from mobile

Try 0114 296 5188 or 0114 296 5162 next time

Thank you, I will, I'm still on hold.

I dare not put the phone down and try other number as I'll be on hold again for 40/60 minutes.

I get internet for 2/3 mins and the it goes down for about 15 minutes, the house phone doesn't work either.

This is absolutely disgusting

---------- Post added 05-02-2014 at 13:05 ----------

Any chance of being reimbursed for this?

---------- Post added 05-02-2014 at 13:14 ----------

This would be quicker via carrier pigeon

Thank you, I will, I'm still on hold.

I dare not put the phone down and try other number as I'll be on hold again for 40/60 minutes.

I get internet for 2/3 mins and the it goes down for about 15 minutes, the house phone doesn't work either.

This is absolutely disgusting

---------- Post added 05-02-2014 at 13:05 ----------

Any chance of being reimbursed for this?

---------- Post added 05-02-2014 at 13:14 ----------

This would be quicker via carrier pigeon

Does your dial tone disappear? Who is your line rental with?

I always use the 0114 number but not sure if it makes any difference. I always call them early in the morning when I have just got out of bed and then I am straight through. Have you checked the call statistics here before you telephone? Also, have you posted about this on the Plusnet forum? They are usually very good at picking up problems and will probably contact you if you have a mobile number listed on your account in the member centre.

It sounds like it might be an Open Reach problem rather than Plusnet. Possibly they will reimburse you for all this - they are usually quite accommodating. This year I will have been with Plusnet for 10 years and have had no real problems. Today I have just had fibre installed and everything has gone very smoothly.

at the risk of putting a fluence on things we have been with plusnet for many years, quite happy with them. Its a bit slow sometimes but then its cheap and very rarely drops

When we first joined their help line folks spent ages trying to get an old laptop to work with the wireless modem - some seemed to know what they were talking about more than others. My mother-in-law is with TalkTalk and has less pleasant things to say. . .