Plusnet problems again!

Plusnet are complete garbage. That aside, op: wifi not working has nothing to do with the isp.

"out wi fi is down" doesn't really mean a thing.

I'd rather my net was down than watch that dumb fat git in their irksome TV ads?

He's actually pretty funny if you see him doing stand-up.

Get another provider would be my advice, they're a bunch of cowboys

Plusnet are complete garbage.

Something tells me the horse has long since bolted but if there's anything I can help with then give me a nudge.

Regards,

Lost connection yet again! :'(

Time to move on!

---------- Post added 22-07-2013 at 20:49 ----------

Plusnet are complete garbage. That aside, op: wifi not working has nothing to do with the isp.

"out wi fi is down" doesn't really mean a thing.

Won't connect vía earthnet either. Can't get no joy when i have called. Happened too many times now

Time to move on!

---------- Post added 22-07-2013 at 20:49 ----------

Won't connect vía earthnet either. Can't get no joy when i have called. Happened too many times now

Just above you there is a Plusnet 'tech' (I think that's what he is) give him a PM then arrange for him to ring you If you get it sorted please feel free to come back on here and praise him

If its not sorted come back and slate them and him from here to hell and back as useless

It's your problem they should help fix it

He's actually pretty funny if you see him doing stand-up.

Something tells me the horse has long since bolted but if there's anything I can help with then give me a nudge.

Regards,

It has indeed, 3 years or so ago; was with plusnet for a month. Poor speeds, poor support, the fact that you where shaping was not documented anywhere, you advertised your service as unlimited and then told people it isn't, but refused to tell them what the limit was. Banning people on your forums, putting the phone down on people etc etc.

I jumped ship as soon as I could, which was a month THANKFULLY it was not a year contract.

Well not you, I mean plusnet. I cringe every time I see that idiot advertising for you folks on TV.

Just above you there is a Plusnet 'tech' (I think that's what he is) give him a PM then arrange for him to ring you If you get it sorted please feel free to come back on here and praise him

If its not sorted come back and slate them and him from here to hell and back as useless

It's your problem they should help fix it

Their twitter account is also quite helpful:@plusnet

Its usually moderated between 9-5 almost every day...

It has indeed, 3 years or so ago; was with plusnet for a month. Poor speeds, poor support, the fact that you where shaping was not documented anywhere, you advertised your service as unlimited and then told people it isn't, but refused to tell them what the limit was. Banning people on your forums, putting the phone down on people etc etc.

I jumped ship as soon as I could, which was a month THANKFULLY it was not a year contract.

If you haven't been with them since, how would you know whether they have improved their service since or not? :confused: I mean, it's one (valid) thing to pan a supplier for poor service after the fact, and perhaps for a short while longer...but 3 years on? :huh:

Been with them 4 years at 2 locations, in that time couple of hiccups outside their control (phone line/local exchange) but for which they helped a great deal (interceding with BT + help on here), plus a replacement modem/router in record time (as another poster already related earlier in here). Otherwise no issues whatsoever, a minor miracle considering the crap exchage/location/distance we're based at (everybody on the estate suffers some issue or other about speeds/latency, regardless of which ISP-if you want good and fast BB, don't come live round our end).

As I have been helping family members and friends with their own ICT/Web/WiFi etc. for many year, involving at least 4 other Internet suppliers (Sky, Virgin, that-one-which-used-to-be-Daemon-but-can't-remember-it's-name-right-now) whom I've dealt with variously over that time, again I'd echo what's already been said and put PN in the top tier for service and aftercare.

Not much traffic-shaping that I can see either (even though I know they do it/some), though I don't use PN/apps likely to be traffic-shaped during the day.

Edited by L00b

I moved from Plusnet to Origin ONLY because I couldn't get a decent d/l speed approx 1.07mbs more or less but apart from the speed I never had a problem (18 months)

I think that I must be in a real minority. been with plusnet [ force9] for nearly 12 years. the problems that I have had over this time have been self inflicted, the guys at the call center have been excellent at sorting me out and getting things that I have screwed up working again. and they all " talk sheffield" so no problems understanding them. I do think that maybe a little patience might not go amiss in some cases!

Swapped to plusnet early last year.. absolutely no issues/problems.. far better than my previous ISP...I post this just for balance...

Nearly ten years (pre BT takeover) and no problems either.

Time to move on!

If you can provide me with some means of identifying your account (username or recent support ticket reference) then I'll happily take a look and see if I can spot anything untoward?

It has indeed, 3 years or so ago; was with plusnet for a month. Poor speeds, poor support, the fact that you where shaping was not documented anywhere, you advertised your service as unlimited and then told people it isn't, but refused to tell them what the limit was.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience :(

The comment about the lack of traffic management documentation surprises me though. We're typically really good at that. There was certainly plenty of it three years ago (I've been working here close to a decade now). The older iteration of our unlimited account had clear documentation regarding the various rate limits we applied, there wasn't an upper limit or fair usage policy though? You can still still see this over on our website.

The Unlimited product we sell today is devoid of any rate limits/explicit shaping and has no fair usage policy attached to it.

Banning people on your forums, putting the phone down on people etc etc.

The forums are run by customers and not us, so any banning will have been the decision of the moderators. We're not in the habit of putting the phone down on people either so apologies if that happened to you at any point.

Regards,