Park Hill Flats short listed for Award

It seems that nothing has been built in the country this year, so they're scraping the barrel.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think the refurbished flats look horrible.

They should have been bulldozed years ago, but now we'll have to keep looking up at that monstrosity whenever we go into the city centre.

Regards

Doom

If you buy there you will be living on a construction site for the next 10-15 years.

Its still got 2 phases to go and i havent seen anyone working on it for years.

The problem with Park Hill is much the same as with many other modernist buildings, - neglect. However with Park Hill the problem is made worse by the sheer size of the complex, and in the case of the redevelopment the time its going to take is probably putting people off because the future is uncertain and many people wont want to risk it just in case it fails.

Architecturally the complex is damn impressive. The new enamel panelling brings out the original intentions of colour banding in a truly fantastic way and the various orientations and stepping down of the landscape provide an interesting dynamic.

I have come to love Park Hill as a concept and for its potential and just hope the work gets completed as intended and is looked after better than in its previous manifestation.

I'm not at all convinced by the overcladding of Hyde Park, - compared to the care and attention paid to Park Hill the Hyde Park work looks carelessly bland and insensitive.

The problem with Park Hill is much the same as with many other modernist buildings, - neglect. However with Park Hill the problem is made worse by the sheer size of the complex, and in the case of the redevelopment the time its going to take is probably putting people off because the future is uncertain and many people wont want to risk it just in case it fails.

Architecturally the complex is damn impressive. The new enamel panelling brings out the original intentions of colour banding in a truly fantastic way and the various orientations and stepping down of the landscape provide an interesting dynamic.

I have come to love Park Hill as a concept and for its potential and just hope the work gets completed as intended and is looked after better than in its previous manifestation.

I'm not at all convinced by the overcladding of Hyde Park, - compared to the care and attention paid to Park Hill the Hyde Park work looks carelessly bland and insensitive.

You, Sir, can be my new friend :D that just about sums up how good they are

They must be stark raving mad, it aint even finished :loopy::suspect:

What ever next, Castle Markets winning retailer of the year :hihi:

Well there has been no horse meat sold in the Castle Market unlike the shall we say more upmarket retailers.

I love Park Hill. It reminds me of my childhood holidays to Ceausescu's Bucharest.