Park Hill Flats short listed for Award

Oh for goodness sake . I was sat in my friends house & was watching the news . What did I see but the eye sore that is Park Hill Flats. What an absolute dump .

Oh for goodness sake . I was sat in my friends house & was watching the news . What did I see but the eye sore that is Park Hill Flats. What an absolute dump .

Gi'ooer wi thisen, nowt wrong wi Paark hill.

You behave , you mare . It is a damn horrid place :hihi:

---------- Post added 19-07-2013 at 00:39 ----------

I had a friend from Stepney Buildings & she used to stink Mums car out . Mum used to say " Why are you always friends with the waifs & strays "

Spent some of the best days of my life knocking around Hyde Park and Park Hill. Never lived there but would never knock the places (down :D ) due to the memories. :)

My brother lives on Hyde Park ,& the Green block is fine but the Red one is full of Scrotes . Park Hill is a flaming nightmare always has been . It will never change.

You behave , you mare . It is a damn horrid place :hihi:

---------- Post added 19-07-2013 at 00:39 ----------

I had a friend from Stepney Buildings & she used to stink Mums car out . Mum used to say " Why are you always friends with the waifs & strays "

Stepney Buildings was a slum that was demolished donkey's years ago. It was a different world.

Park Hill were lovely till the council moved the "problem tenants" into the development.

I remember the days on Park Hill where people took a pride in their estate, My gran used to mop the communal landing outside her flat, as did her neighbours. They were well designed, and they were light and airy inside, nothing like the dingy housing the flats replaced.

I had a flat on Hyde Park in the eighties. There was a sense of community there, despite the "disadvantaged" atmosphere. I liked it on there, and, had there been more flats assigned for social housing after the refurbishment, I would have taken one in a heartbeat.

I think they look great, as do many 60s buildings - they look fantastic on the cityscape, i wouldnt want it any other way

Parkhill/hyde park was a vast improvement from the crap holes that the people had before,but that was in the 60,s time to get rid of them both now.

Plain Talker

But wasn't it like that back in the day when people took pride in where they lived. My Gran lived in Deep Lane & always took pride when looking after her house . She is one of my spirit guides now & if I don't sort my house out , she lets me know

As a listed building it was impossible to stick a load of dynamite inside it and blow it up like most people wanted. So now we're left with an eyesore with some coloured panels in it.

Many older listed buildings get demolished...

Isn't Jessops listed? Aren't they going to demolish it?

Many older listed buildings get demolished...

Isn't Jessops listed? Aren't they going to demolish it?

Yes, grade 2.

And yes, thankfully.

Threads merged. Just one current thread per topic please.