Park Hill Flats short listed for Award

Thats complete rubbish.

My friend lives on Bard Street which over looks Park Hill and all you ever see is one guy in a high viability jacket walking around with a bucket.

No one is going to pay £100,000 for a 1 bedroom flat in Park Hill. Urban Splash made loses of £16m last year and have had to refinance cause of threat of administration.

Another council project that was a complete waste of time. No one in Sheffield wanted that eye sore.

Thats complete rubbish.

My friend lives on Bard Street which over looks Park Hill and all you ever see is one guy in a high viability jacket walking around with a bucket.

No one is going to pay £100,000 for a 1 bedroom flat in Park Hill. Urban Splash made loses of £16m last year and have had to refinance cause of threat of administration.

Another council project that was a complete waste of time. No one in Sheffield wanted that eye sore.

no one on sheffieldforum it seems, most people aren't bothered either way

no one on sheffieldforum it seems, most people aren't bothered either way

I am one and probably the only one that have grown to love the building over the years. they are as iconic to Sheffield as the cooling towers were.

I am one and probably the only one that have grown to love the building over the years. they are as iconic to Sheffield as the cooling towers were.

No scargill you're not, I lived on Park Hill Flats as a nipper in the 60's they were great, they got run down admittedly and urban deprivation was allowed to set in.

Now they are being revamped and if I'm not wrong are a listed building, when they were 1st built they were seen as the way forward for housing in Sheffield (okay shortsightedly), but people are quick to slag them off and have either never been in them or, near them.

The success of the building (which actually in the economic environment is not too bad) has very little to do with the architecture, so whinge all you like about how it's 'empty' and an 'eyesore' but this is quite a well respected renovation of what was a difficult building (listed status/site/existing building frame).

Hey, a recent new development has been praised by someone - hey, this is Sheffield, let's ignore the praise and focus on all the negatives until we run all the outside interest and investment out of town. Boo to change!

I'm not a Sheffielder, and I have a certain admiration for Park Hill. I visited on an open day before they were taken over by US, and I was impressed by the interiors, the room sizes and the views! Their location is excellent for staff at the University, or people who commute by train.

I think they will appeal to lots of people, and if they had been in a different city, they'd have been snapped up! We should welcome this kind of positive publicity for Sheffield, people shouldn't be so negative about something just because it doesn't appeal to their personal taste.

They must be stark raving mad, it aint even finished :loopy::suspect:

What ever next, Castle Markets winning retailer of the year :hihi:

They must be stark raving mad, it aint even finished :loopy::suspect:

What ever next, Castle Markets winning retailer of the year :hihi:

Its no different from people who buy off plan, with vision of the future look and worth of the development.

The interiors look very nice I must admit, but the exterior, compared to the cladding used on Hyde Park flats, is very uninspiring.

As a listed building it was impossible to clad Park Hill in the manner of Hyde Park. The concrete frame had to remain exposed.

As a listed building it was impossible to clad Park Hill in the manner of Hyde Park. The concrete frame had to remain exposed.

As a listed building it was impossible to stick a load of dynamite inside it and blow it up like most people wanted. So now we're left with an eyesore with some coloured panels in it.

As a listed building it was impossible to stick a load of dynamite inside it and blow it up like most people wanted. So now we're left with an eyesore with some coloured panels in it.

I wish I had a few hundred nitro chargers laying around, I would rig it up good and proper :hihi:

As a listed building it was impossible to stick a load of dynamite inside it and blow it up like most people wanted.....

......that too.