Park Hill Flats short listed for Award

well the work has not been completed and some of the flats that have are empty how can that deserve an award????

well the work has not been completed and some of the flats that have are empty how can that deserve an award????

its the "emperors new clothes" syndrome:roll: a turd is still a turd even if you roll it in glitter, this still looks an eyesore and most of the apartments are empty and are unsold, how long before the council step in to use it as asylum seeker housing??

Over 500 years ago, the construction industry was knocking up York Minster. Today, someone is nominated for an award for refurbishing a flat and sticking a coloured sheet of aluminium on the front. The constant strive for mediocrity continues. :(

As reported in one of my previous threads ... possibly one of the worst buildings ever! :gag::)

As reported in one of my previous threads ... possibly one of the worst buildings

Is that picture of the Tesco at the Wicker?

(Jesus Christ, I had to remove link before I could post, again!!)

The interiors look very nice I must admit, but the exterior, compared to the cladding used on Hyde Park flats, is very uninspiring.

I wouldn't live there but then again, I wouldn't live in the city centre full stop.

here we go bash park hill again. You seriously think hype park looks better? If I could afford it and if I didn't have 2 young children I would love to live there. I think they look great

Angela Brady, who is on the RIBA committee, was on Radio4 this morning discussing the flats.She said people 'were queueing up to buy them'. Is this true?

Angela Brady, who is on the RIBA committee, was on Radio4 this morning discussing the flats.She said people 'were queueing up to buy them'. Is this true?

No, not really. They have 'funky' mortgage workshops though.

Have US even paid the £1 fee for the building (after claiming millions in subsidies)?