Asda café must be the worst food going

I agree. I eat in a lot of supermarket cafes cos I often have to feed my baby after doing the shop and asda Handsworth is definitely the worst. The food is edible at best and the staff dont seem to know what theyre doing and dont seem to realise that they r actually working with customers. Morrisons is the best in my opinion. Sainsburys Millhouses is pretty poor. I was sat next to the kitchen once and I saw the boss walk in and heard him loudly shouting at everyone cos they were sat doing nothing... this was after Id waited about 15 minutes for a panini toasting.

Of course there are more pressing matters in the world... and of course people dont expect michelin starred food, but I do believe people who work with the public (or indeed any job) should take more pride in their work. Be appreciative of having a job, and that customers are choosing to spend their hard earned money there. Especially in the current economic times :)

The (so called) hospitality trade in this country appears to operate under one guiding principle - the customer experience is not important.The most important consideration is getting as much money from the customer by offering as little as possible*. Go to any backstreet cafe in France, Italy, Portugal, North and South America etc, order a coke, a small beer and a coffee and notice the difference in terms of quality, attention to detail, and respect for the customer. Unfortunately as a nation and as individuals we have such poor self-esteem that we think it's all we deserve, so we troop on back for more of the same!

* Obviously with a few isolated exceptions.

Edited by beefface

I agree. I eat in a lot of supermarket cafes cos I often have to feed my baby after doing the shop and asda Handsworth is definitely the worst. The food is edible at best and the staff dont seem to know what theyre doing and dont seem to realise that they r actually working with customers. Morrisons is the best in my opinion. Sainsburys Millhouses is pretty poor. I was sat next to the kitchen once and I saw the boss walk in and heard him loudly shouting at everyone cos they were sat doing nothing... this was after Id waited about 15 minutes for a panini toasting.

Of course there are more pressing matters in the world... and of course people dont expect michelin starred food, but I do believe people who work with the public (or indeed any job) should take more pride in their work. Be appreciative of having a job, and that customers are choosing to spend their hard earned money there. Especially in the current economic times :)

We went to Lloyds bar on Division Street last Sunday for lunch as we were starving (not eaten since Sat morning). The place was empty probably 20 people all in all. we had an all day brunch...absolutely disgusting, cold beans, deep fried sausages, over cooked eggs and refried chips.

We won't be eating there again....no excuse, Wetherspoons are better at Bankers Draft although the clientele are usually off the wall.

Must be inbred in asda shops because that one at handsworth is dyer!!!!.

Kieron????

any one been for food in the asda cafe parson cross must be the worst food i have ever come across dripping in grease cold awful staff just do not care and all who work in there all look so miserable must be the hot weather lesson learnt will keep out in future rant over:gag:

Are you the Australian I was talking to a few days ago outside Rewe?

He seemed to have a very similar view of the Cuisine, Customer Service and overall welcome given to tourists in South Yorkshire.

Must be inbred in asda shops because that one at handsworth is dyer!!!! Staff appalling too!! Try Morrissons, staff far more proffessional and they are customer friendly, the food is also very good.

Kieron????

I'll see your Kieron and raise you a Bruce.

Are you sure you wouldn't prefer a Sheila?

... The beer was crook,

And the Sheila's looked,

Like you, yer Pommie bar****.

I think my Danny beats your Bruce and Kieron; unless you have a Nathan to back it up?

Asda is appalling ...... full stop!

We too made the mistake of eating there once. Bloody awful. Makes my works canteen look good and that my friends is nothing short of a miracle.

Asda is appalling ...... full stop!

Why? At least have some substance to your "point"

Personally I dont find asda too bad. I find Tesco is far worse. Low quality, expensive and poorly fitted out stores.

Whilst I admit that no supermarket (even the so called posh ones) are a very pleasant experience, most of them at least try and make you feel a bit comfortable. Most of these newer Tesco stores dont even try. They really do feel like nothing more than a warehouse with checkouts. A couple I have been to recently dont even bother having a doorway!

Why? At least have some substance to your "point"

Personally I dont find asda too bad. I find Tesco is far worse. Low quality, expensive and poorly fitted out stores.

Whilst I admit that no supermarket (even the so called posh ones) are a very pleasant experience, most of them at least try and make you feel a bit comfortable. Most of these newer Tesco stores dont even try. They really do feel like nothing more than a warehouse with checkouts. A couple I have been to recently dont even bother having a doorway!

Supermarkets all feel the same, you cannot really tell the difference between how they are laid out and how they work (Morrisons, Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys) they are all based on the same model.

Now ALDI and LIDL they do feel more basic and unwelcoming, they are laid out like a warehouse with checkouts. This is slowly changing as they are becoming more popular (I predict they will eventually grow and become more like the current main supermarkets).

As for this thread... I have eaten in the cafe at ASDA handsworth and I think it is incredibly expensive and utterly rubbish.