Who Else Rates Quadrophenia - The Film?

Not in the original cut which I saw at the cinema ,the final scene was left hanging ,people had arguments because no body was seen to fall..maybe a bit dated now but at the time it reflected the mood of the then youth with the resurfacing of the mod culture,most of todays youth would be left wondering what it was all about ..As far as Im concerned it is a classic

I've seen all the cuts and never saw Jimmy walking away. The blke lobbed off the cliffs had nobody on it.

The film begins with Jimmy walking away from the cliff edge - pre credits.

Then the film goes on to tell the story that leads up to the cliff scene at the end of the film.

The album is a lot deeper and the ending is a lot more complex than the one in the film.

Both film and album are classics.

yay

another one :P

The film begins with Jimmy walking away from the cliff edge - pre credits.

Then the film goes on to tell the story that leads up to the cliff scene at the end of the film.

The album is a lot deeper and the ending is a lot more complex than the one in the film.

I will watch again. My bad :(

Live in the noooooooow! :hihi:

OK, I'll follow New[NO]Direction, Justin Timberflake, Michael Buble and all the other non events.

The Who, The Stones and Clapton rock. Seasick Steve 'aint too bad either.

Been around a good while, always liked music, seen most of 'em.

Now I'll return to the past............

Pulling massive audiences after 50 years............and still rocking !!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I'll follow New[NO]Direction, Justin Timberflake, Michael Buble and all the other non events.

Pulling massive audiences after 50 years............and still rocking !!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree :)

But!! Did Jimmy walk away in the first thingy bit? My VHS Betamax Ford Cortina mk111 is acting up in the hat :(

He walks away from the cliff at the start of it before the film credits. Only a 30 second sequence.

Much like the album, you could have your own ending to it.

I was only messing mate.

Jeremy Clarkson loves them. Thats an endorsement right there.

The Who are a great band but only really getting a revival because band culture & festivals are popular at the moment. I dont think they'll survive another 90's style move towards another genre.

I agree :)

But!! Did Jimmy walk away in the first thingy bit? My VHS Betamax Ford Cortina mk111 is acting up in the hat :(

Not in the original film but he walked away in a later cut,this is the one that is now wrongly accepted as the original.

I was only messing mate.

Jeremy Clarkson loves them. Thats an endorsement right there.

The Who are a great band but only really getting a revival because band culture & festivals are popular at the moment. I dont think they'll survive another 90's style move towards another genre.

The Who getting a revival ?? They are like the Stones, they have never been away.

They will survive as long as they are capable of playing.

Clarkson is ALWAYS right.........:hihi::hihi::hihi:

The Who getting a revival ?? They are like the Stones, they have never been away.

They will survive as long as they are capable of playing.

Clarkson is ALWAYS right.........:hihi::hihi::hihi:

The stones have got to retire soon. Im not sure how long Mick can keep performing like he does.

And they look old now. They looked like 'Spitting Image' dolls at Glasto.

Not in the original film but he walked away in a later cut,this is the one that is now wrongly accepted as the original.

Ahhh!! Cheers for that.