"Unexplained" film plotholes?

There are websites dedicated to this with hundreds of movie mistakes, etc, and I enjoy a good film without over-analysing too much :hihi:, but a couple of scenes (or anachronisms) I've never seen explained satisfactorily are-

In Alien (1979) How did Ash get into the capsule with Ripley (typing questions to 'Mother'- the ship's computer)? Ripley brushed past Ash to "get her own answers from Mother", shut the sliding door (shown) and proceeded to compute her questions.

But when the horror hits her, Ash is suddenly inside that Computer capsule with her, yet there was no noise and she didn't hear him a few feet away?

In Jurassic Park (1993) near the end, the cast (Sam Niell, Laura Dern & the kids) are being pursued by the two raptors, and are about to be eaten in that large exhibition hall, when the T-Rex suddenly appears and 'saves' them by eating the raptors.

But how did such a huge creature sneak up on them, let alone to get/fit inside the hall complex- there was no entrance large enough?

There are websites dedicated to this with hundreds of movie mistakes, etc, and I enjoy a good film without over-analysing too much :hihi:, but a couple of scenes (or anachronisms) I've never seen explained satisfactorily are-

In Alien (1979) How did Ash get into the capsule with Ripley (typing questions to 'Mother'- the ship's computer)? Ripley brushed past Ash to "get her own answers from Mother", shut the sliding door (shown) and proceeded to compute her questions.

But when the horror hits her, Ash is suddenly inside that Computer capsule with her, yet there was no noise and she didn't hear him a few feet away?

In Jurassic Park (1993) near the end, the cast (Sam Niell, Laura Dern & the kids) are being pursued by the two raptors, and are about to be eaten in that large exhibition hall, when the T-Rex suddenly appears and 'saves' them by eating the raptors.

But how did such a huge creature sneak up on them, let alone to get/fit inside the hall complex- there was no entrance large enough?

Ive never picked up on that, going to watch it tonight after work.

Let me know what you think, I love Alien (all of Scott's versions) but this scene, which I've watched loads, doesn't make any logical sense?

Plotholes always seem to occur whenever a film gets chopped to bits by a studio. James Cameron's "Aliens" made far more sense when the Special Edition was released years after the original. The scenes where Ripley discovers her daughter has grown up and died in the 57 years of her absence make more sense of her descent into depression. Plus, the story of how Newt ended up where she was becomes clear with the terrifying scene of her parents' discovery of the alien spaceship.

Plotholes always seem to occur whenever a film gets chopped to bits by a studio. James Cameron's "Aliens" made far more sense when the Special Edition was released years after the original. The scenes where Ripley discovers her daughter has grown up and died in the 57 years of her absence make more sense of her descent into depression.

Plus, the story of how Newt ended up where she was becomes clear with the terrifying scene of her parents' discovery of the alien spaceship.

I agree, Ripley finds out about her daughter's death only minutes before her fiery Boardroom scene, and might explain her readiness to 'mother' Newt later on?

OK, I watched it last night. I think maybe she was in shock after the bombshell that they had been set up by the 'company' that she just didn't realise that the door had opened and Ash had come in. Maybe :huh:

OK, I watched it last night. I think maybe she was in shock after the bombshell that they had been set up by the 'company' that she just didn't realise that the door had opened and Ash had come in. Maybe :huh:

Hmm perhaps....:hihi::huh:

I tend to think that Scott either made an error, or as the poster above said, the film's cuts and rewrites etc left this scene inexplicable?

It's not as if Ash could have phsycially entered the capsule without an already jumpy Ripley hearing him and spinning around? We as viewers don't hear the audible door 'swish' (heard when Ripley opens and closes it)- rather Ash suddenly just 'appears'?

Edited by Electerrific

How about Gremlins?

"No matter how much he begs...never, never, feed him after midnight..."

But you never see Gizmo wearing a watch do you? And what does he do if he goes to the North Pole?

I havn't seen it, but, are there any answers in the 2003 'directors cut'?? Could be worth a look?

How about Gremlins?

"No matter how much he begs...never, never, feed him after midnight..."

But you never see Gizmo wearing a watch do you? And what does he do if he goes to the North Pole?

I never saw Gremlins, although talking of watches, I think there are one or two visible in Braveheart! :hihi: Now that's a film containing a shedload of 'errors' and anachronisms (Not sure about 'plotholes' though)!

Or, wild stab in the dark! As Ash was a robot, could there have been 2 of them onboard the ship, maybe 'hiding' in the computer room thingy? Its along time since I saw Alien, can't remember how big the computer room was? Like I said, wild stab in the darK :)

Or, wild stab in the dark! As Ash was a robot, could there have been 2 of them onboard the ship, maybe 'hiding' in the computer room thingy? Its along time since I saw Alien, can't remember how big the computer room was? Like I said, wild stab in the darK :)

Not really, it was a very small and sopposedly secure capsule.

Besides, in no version of the film, scripts, fansites or deleted scenes is there any mention of two Ash's onboard.