A lovely summer's evening, perfect for

I spent a year in Bogota, where 30'C would be seen as refreshingly cool. We had no air conditioning, and there were fires everywhere, usually burning the carcasses of dead animals, old tyres and so on.

You deserve a commendation and a round of applause, clearly.

Get a grip. One day, we shall all die, and then it won't matter.

Truism of the day :thumbsup:

Last time the bloke did look pretty surprised, but before he could protest, I had poured a large vat of stagant water onto the fire, and by the time he said something I was standing in his kitchen, filling it up again to finish the job.

So you trespassed AND stole his water?

I spent a year in Bogota, where 30'C would be seen as refreshingly cool. We had no air conditioning, and there were fires everywhere, usually burning the carcasses of dead animals, old tyres and so on.

Get a grip. One day, we shall all die, and then it won't matter.

Reminds me of going for a curry a few years ago when we last had what we call a heatwave.

Sat in the restaurant sweating (before the curry arrived), but one of the owners' family was stood there with a warm shawl, her arms crossed in front of her to keep warm. She'd just got back that afternoon from visiting family in Bangladesh and was positively freezing

Last time the bloke did look pretty surprised, but before he could protest, I had poured a large vat of stagant water onto the fire, and by the time he said something I was standing in his kitchen, filling it up again to finish the job.

would love to see you walk into my kitchen or back garden uninvited don't think my 2 rotties would be amused. agree with you about fires but not your tactics

I don't believe you. I am not convinced at all that this happened.

However, if you ever pulled a stunt like this on me by entering my house uninvited and using my facilities, you would regret it for the rest of your life.

I don't believe you. I am not convinced at all that this happened.

What do I care? :rolleyes:

YAWN.

keyboard warriors, never any proof to back up the bluff.

YAWN.

Yes where are the usual cries of 'link' please?

It's the only time one is aware that neighbours actually live in the properties either side and across the road from me.

I can hear a lad drumming, hear the other neighbours eating outside - the chink of plates and the sound of chatter - and over the road, loud(ish) music. It nearly makes my little garden water feature inaudible.

But it's summer and it's the sound of people enjoying this great weather! The smoke and smells of nearby barbeques fill the air. Lovely.

The only noise that gets my back up is that of motorcyclists who are racing down the A57 towards Rivelin as if trying to splash their brains on the tarmac.

Idiots.

YAWN.

Warning!

XKCD 386

:P

So in the spirit of true enquiry, how am I able to prove my story to you on Sheffield Forum?