Are you Allergic To Black People?

"People would come in, open the door, look at me and turn round and go outside."

It doesn't sound like she asked these people why they left... Maybe it's her prejudice showing here. She's making assumptions.

I've walked into cafes & walked out again without buying fairly often, nothing to do with the race of the owner, maybe I didn't like the menu, the prices, the queue, the general atmosphere of the place, the smell, the way the staff/owner stares at me, maybe I just wanted the toilet & couldn't see one. There are lots of random reasons people might walk in & straight out again of a cafe.

Edited by anywebsite

"People would come in, open the door, look at me and turn round and go outside."

It doesn't sound like she asked these people why they left... Maybe it's her prejudice showing here. She's making assumptions.

I've walked into cafes & walked out again without buying fairly often, nothing to do with the race of the owner, maybe I didn't like the menu, the prices, the queue, the general atmosphere of the place, the smell, maybe I just wanted the toilet & couldn't see one.

lets look at it shall we?

menu - maybe they didnt stay long enough to look?

prices - didnt stay long enough to look?

queue - maybe there was no queue?

atmosphere - not sure what a "good" atmosphere would be, or a "bad" one???

smell - maybe no smell?

toilet - maybe didnt look very hard, or asked?

When I go to my friend Jim's house ( he lives across the road from me) I don't get fed Caribbean cuisine.

If I want that, my son cooks it for me.

If you think 'progression' means eating in a particular establishement because of the colour of the proprietor, then you are the one who may need a lesson in English, GW.

We've only heard one (very limited) side of this story.

Could it be that some of the potential customers had been in there before and had a less-than-friendly experience with the proprietor?

You seem to be remarkably willing to find a conclusion to jump to, Green Web.

Then again, I'm not the first to have noticed that trait, am I?

Genius publicity stunt, let's see her business figures after the story dropped.

lets look at it shall we?

menu - maybe they didnt stay long enough to look?

prices - didnt stay long enough to look?

queue - maybe there was no queue?

atmosphere - not sure what a "good" atmosphere would be, or a "bad" one???

smell - maybe no smell?

toilet - maybe didnt look very hard, or asked?

Just saying, I often do this & it's nothing to do with what race the owner or the staff are. There could be lots of other more likely reasons & she's just assuming every white person who doesn't want to eat in her cafe is racist. Either she's a really good mind reader, or it's her that's being racist. Other possibility is sky have reported it badly to make it look that way, can't say I've read any other versions of this non-story.

From the story you can't see anything about the cafe, you only have the owner's word for it being the best cafe on earth, maybe it looks nice from outside but it's pretty bad inside? Maybe they do have a poor menu or high prices, or just one that isn't to some people's taste? Maybe there is a funny smell? Even if it is a really good cafe, it's not going to be to everybody's tastes.

Edited by anywebsite

Where I work people often come just inside the door, look around and walk straight out again. Other people come in, quickly walk right round the place, blank the staff totally, and walk out again.

Never occurred to me that it could be because of my skin colour. Now I'm gonna be really self-conscious about it. Thanks for nothing, GW! :help:

When I go to my friend Jim's house ( he lives across the road from me) I don't get fed Caribbean cuisine.

If I want that, my son cooks it for me.

If you think 'progression' means eating in a particular establishement because of the colour of the proprietor, then you are the one who may need a lesson in English, GW.

We've only heard one (very limited) side of this story.

Could it be that some of the potential customers had been in there before and had a less-than-friendly experience with the proprietor?

You seem to be remarkably willing to find a conclusion to jump to, Green Web.

Then again, I'm not the first to have noticed that trait, am I?

You can draw what other conclusions you like, however the fact remains she has only ever stated what she's personally noticed and thinks. Which is that folk have only ever walked out of her café when they have seen she is black, and not for any other reasons.

As a Caribbean themed cafe I would be rather miffed if the cook wasnt Black, they got the soul.

As a Caribbean themed cafe I would be rather miffed if the cook wasnt Black, they got the soul.

you hear about all the black fellas shot while playing paintball?

somebody shouted get down and they all got up to dance

So people are walking into a Caribbean themed cafe and walking out when they see a black person?

No, get it right: an Englishman, an Irishman, and a Scotsman walk into a Caribbean themed cafe...

So people are walking into a Caribbean themed cafe and walking out when they see a black person????????? Mind boggles:loopy:

No, Caribbean themed cafe isn't doing too well and wants lots of national free publicity. :)

No, Caribbean themed cafe isn't doing too well and wants lots of national free publicity. :)

That's more like it :suspect: