Huge plume of smoke!

Looking at the online street views of Worthing road I must agree with previous comments made by other people that this was an accident waiting to happen.

As far as we know nobody has died in this fire.

All that plastic and the way it is stored.

I loved to put paper on fire with a little microscope to see the power of the sun through a lens.

Scrap yard on Worthing Road :gag:

So Whites scrap ? yard went up and spread to the reclaim plastics yard. Failure to access the fire early and the hot weather seem to be major factors for the eventual intensity.

Just hope nobody is injured and no long lasting environmental pollution from the aftermath. :gag:

Thought just occured to me that's all :)

Now it's been parachuted in from a different thread, this post makes zero sense!

Now it's been parachuted in from a different thread, this post makes zero sense!

Moderator note:

I see your point :blush: However, for clarification, it was referring to whether or not, the blue bin recycling collections might be affected.

Thanks

Pete

261 posts about a fire!

Do something on your bucket list or if you dont have one then maybe write one!

Posted at one minute past midnight. :roll:

lol the C.A.R.P is'nt working then? They had to send for the Nottingham one.

It was working- the Nottingham one was for support

It was working- the Nottingham one was for support

Ive no idea what a CARP is, i thought it was a fish. But anyway. Well done to you and your lads and lasses on a fantastic job!!

You all deserve medals and some recognition for the stuff you do day to day.

Hero's each and every one of you!

It says thats Asaw made the post at 8:30??

You're quite right, it does. Somehow, when I wrote that, the post definitely said 7.30. And I even double checked!

Sorry we couldn't respond to all your messages yesterday. Hopefully you picked up what was going on from local news or our Twitter feed.

We've uploaded a short video we recorded at the scene yesterday here

Or there are pictures our photographer took on the incident ground on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/southyorkshirefire?ref=hl

Or if you don't use Facebook, on Flickr here http://www.flickr.com/photos/syfire/

Was talking to a friend down Melton who used to lived here about this fire. He has now just message me saying they to have a fire like ours with the smoke seen for miles in Easton. A factory on fire so he says. Wonder if this hot weather has anything to with it.

Was talking to a friend down Melton who used to lived here about this fire. He has now just message me saying they to have a fire like ours with the smoke seen for miles in Easton. A factory on fire so he says. Wonder if this hot weather has anything to with it.

That's a McCain Chip Factory in Grantham

The thought processes of members of the forum never ceases to amaze and confound me! :huh:

Personally, I'm a bit worried about wether a knock on effect of the fire will hinder the crocheting skills of boll weevils in the north wing of Sydney Opera House.

Pmsl :D Like are our blue bin's going to be collected for recycling? Yah know as in plastic's needing to be recycled?

The mentallity of some folk amaze, if wit were sh@# you'd be in big trouble :)

Violia obviously put the recycling stuff somewhere???

Will understand perfectly if not.

---------- Post added 15-07-2013 at 18:08 ----------

So the knock on effect's from this incident to Sheffield's recycling capacity is?

Answer's on the back of that blue box. :D