Huge plume of smoke!

They just said Lumley Street on Look North, which from the map turns into Worthing Road.

just seen the footage, on look north. interesting to see the roof of the building popping and exploding with the heat, looked almost certainly to be the old type corrugated asbestos sheeting that was breaking up :-(

Trust me mate 200% Worthing

Oh I do miss that view Beth xxx

Oh I do miss that view Beth xxx

I would too if I ever left. :):):)

Its a shame you left xxx

The Star website says the fire was at Sheffield Reclaim, so it is on Worthing Road

Did state that a while back

Contrary to a lot of the media reports today, it isn't a 'plastics factory' - the site actually belongs to a recycling facility called Reclaim and is actually a registered charity - alongside the recycling it had a dedicated and accredited education and training centre on the site for adults with learning difficulties from all over Sheffield. As a result, Reclaim work closely with the city council and with Veolia, and so have regular fire safety inspections and safety certificates, so maybe you should wait until you know proper facts before you spout out your opinions - those adults with learning difficulties relied on that place, and the owner of the charity put his heart and soul into running it (in a voluntary capacity!) so that these disadvantaged people could have a more fulfilling life. They've got nowhere to go tomorrow morning now.

I'm very sorry that the outcome will be as you say, but I can't believe that anyone could consider that the yard full of bales of plastic, piled high, as close as it is (was) to the road and other buildings, could be considered safe. If it is true that it passed fire safety inspections, then there is something radically wrong with the fire safety inspection regime. Just because it's a charitable venture doesn't change the need for safety. Indeed, any business working with people with learning difficulties needs to be extra careful when it comes to safety.

Did state that a while back

Sorry, I've been out and not read through all of the posts I've missed