Huge plume of smoke!

I saw this start from my allotment, just was wondering who was burning 'copper wire' on a Sunday diner time.

Went home and it just got bigger. Been watching now for the duration through the 'Binos', I have a perfect view of the incident.

I would like to know what went wrong with Sheffield's C.A.R.P. pump? It went aloft but no water, then it went down again, then came back up again but still no water. At about 5pm a 'White' larger telescopic pump turned up and proceeded to spew forth, Sheffield's C.A.R.P. at the same time was parked in a large car park just below the Supertram Depot extended yet again, there was just a quick 'spray' and down again it went !!

It picked the worst possible time to clunk out. Questions will have to be asked about equipment going down and as to how the fire started. Anything is possible in this heat though, I'd imagine.

It started in a building and spread to a plastics recycleing place its in the sheffield star

Wow it has spread then ;)

Can now see 3 pumps spraying from the canal side at the left of the fire, looking from Pitsmoor, as I say 'our boys' look like they are on top of it. My worry now is the 'sh*te that is going to run back into the canal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can smell the smoke from Bents Green.

You must have a massive nose then, because I was about two roads away from it and could hardly smell it (smoke safely blowing away from me) and your at bents green...

Very slight smell Concord park, looks to be under control now though. Those lads n lass's must be sweltering in all that kit and BA :( I think all of Sheffield should buy them a pint after they've put it out. :)

Just had to shut all the windows here in Grenoside as smoke was bellowing in. Horrible smell too.

Just had to shut all the windows here in Grenoside as smoke was bellowing in. Horrible smell too.

gremoside??/ its asnt even got to hillsbrough and the smoke as died down now never spelt a thing and im before it gets to you.

gremoside??/ its asnt even got to hillsbrough and the smoke as died down now never spelt a thing and im before it gets to you.

None of the smoke has blown towards Hillsborough, it's going the opposite direction.

I have just been in Derby and could see the smoke from there!