Huge plume of smoke!

' Jokes ' removed. There are people out there putting their lives in danger fighting this fire so show a bit of respect and go and play elsewhere please.

Thank you. Good luck to the fire service, hope no-one gets hurt.

Traffic in the area pretty high due to rubberneckers - on the grassed area at the end of manor lane, people are having picnics watching it !!!

People are naturally curious and a big fire will always attract spectators. I went to the top floor of my house to get a better look.

is this the most threads in the shortest time 186

I think that record might go to this thread. In the early hours of the morning too.

I saw this start from my allotment, just was wondering who was burning 'copper wire' on a Sunday diner time.

Went home and it just got bigger. Been watching now for the duration through the 'Binos', I have a perfect view of the incident.

I would like to know what went wrong with Sheffield's C.A.R.P. pump? It went aloft but no water, then it went down again, then came back up again but still no water. At about 5pm a 'White' larger telescopic pump turned up and proceeded to spew forth, Sheffield's C.A.R.P. at the same time was parked in a large car park just below the Supertram Depot extended yet again, there was just a quick 'spray' and down again it went !!

i am nr wath and i can see the smoke

It started in a building and spread to a plastics recycleing place its in the sheffield star

lol the C.A.R.P is'nt working then? They had to send for the Nottingham one.

I think 'our boys' are on top now !! The 'white' C.A.R.P. and about 8 pumps are spraying thousands of gallons onto the conflagration as I type and watch through my window. Very impressive 'boys'.

Google Earth will give you an overview of the yard where the fire started.

Yes, massive smoke rising from Parkway this afternoon. Its dying down now, but have seen helicopters hovering over it.

The white laddered CARP you mentioned is probably the arial platform from darnall not from nottingham