Drakehouse KFC - need a rant!

It is very rare that I get this angry over something and maybe I am over-reacting but I have just encountered what I feel like is really poor customer-service stuff and job-worthness gone crazy.

I go to KFC every week and have been collecting the vouchers for the free cup of coffee. Today was the day and I went to get some food and my free coffee. When I get there I hand over my vouchers and ask for the free coffee only to be told that because I am supposed to have had the vouchers stamped (which it doesn't say on the card) instead of the correct number of vouchers I am not entitled to the free coffee. i.e. apparently the card should have been stamped three times and instead i had three vouchers that you get each time you buy a cup of coffee. I said I wasn't aware of that (which I wasn't) but said it was clear that I have had the cups of coffee so couldn't I just swap the vouchers for the stamps. No. I was told that if I would buy a cup of coffee today then they would happily give me one stamp towards a free coffee! I showed them the vouchers which are enough for a free coffee but was told they didn't count. By this time I was annoyed and asked for the manager.

The manager told me that although it was clear that I had purchased enough drinks to be entitled to a free coffee she "could not" take the vouchers off me and just stamp the card or give me the coffee to me. I said that was ridculous as it was clear that I had "earnt" the free drink. She just replied that she couldn't do it. I asked if it was more than her job was worth and she said, "basically yes."

i asked if she expected me to go back again. she said i could do what i wanted.

is it me or is that just stupidly petty? why should i give a company my money when they behave like that? have i missed something really obvious.needless to say i didn't buy any food or drink today and unless i get an apology or something i won't be doing so again

if drakehouse kfc treat people like that - don't go there.

sorry - rant over :(

I think it's typical KFC management. I once stopped off at the one near the arena, my car was losing water, and I took in a large bottle I had been filling up, and asked the woman behind the counter if she could fill it, since the car was over-heating and needed water. She said ''Oo I'm not sure'' so the manager came over and point blank refused to fill it with water (I did say tap water) because ''She can't guarantee it was safe to drink'' I told her my car wasn't fussy and yet still she refused. Instead I went in to their toilets and filled it. Extraordinary, perhaps their rules are stupidly tight.

Although I have seen the card and you'd have to be pretty simple not to realise that they had to be stamped, you know, some people are simple, and the management should have just given out the free coffee.

I have to say I loath KFC. I find it manufactured garbage. No nutritional value at all & just plain foul .

I have a Nero card & you do have to get it stamped to get your free coffee. I should imagine KFC is the same .

Don't you like cooking your own meals then

I mean at my place, management are like "Do NOT be refunding stuff out of the 28 days returns policy, we'll refuse if the customer asks for a manager, so don't bother".

Which is fair enough really but if somebody comes and it's like 30 days and they're like "Yeah I'm sorry, I got it wrong but I really didn't know" and they're not whining on like entitled idiots screaming "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT" - then I'll usually be like "Aight whatever I'll do it, no harm done".

The point is, if you really care about a £1 coffee, I mean I was talking about three figure refunds sometimes but whatever, if you really care about the free coffee, you should have gone in, been polite, apologised for being in the wrong, and the manager might have had a different attitude.

Had someone once buy a plate, I wrapped it up, she bought it, off she went. Came back 10 minutes later "Really sorry to ask but, I just bought a plate and I dropped it as I was putting it in the car, smashed. Anything you can do?"

"Yeah that's alright I'll get you another". No charge, goodwill. Probably making 80% on those plates. My point is this, if the customer had come in with a bad attitude, feeling entitled to a new plate when she smashed it due to her own mistake, I'd have probably been like, "Nope sorry, no can do. Your property and responsibility as soon as I hand it over".

All about the attitude I tell you bad attitude will lose you more in life than a free coffee if you carry on that way.

what I would have done done if i was refused my free coffee I would have bought a meal and took one big bite out of my zinger tower then gone back saying it tastes like crap/mini rant blah de blah got my money back and gone to macds but as a previous poster said just escalate you complaint and you will probably get a nice voucher.

I went on Wednesday and asked for a Fanta via the "drive thru", it was only until I got home and found out that is was actually a tango!

complete disgrace!

maybe I am over-reacting

Do you reckon?

i don't think you are in thing wrong. What I do think is, the staff need serious customer relation training!

It was over twenty years ago since I had a KFC, it will be another twenty!!! I thought it was dreadful. Keep your money in your pocket!!!!

I asked if it was more than her job was worth and she said, "basically yes."

would you lose your job over a coffee for a stranger

I'm very surprised that it was declined. After all, how much is a coffee going to cost them?

Her job? .

Her job? .

If she was a manager, I find it highly unlikely she could not authorise a complimentary cup of coffee.

It's not like she is just giving a cup of coffee to a mate.

If of course she isn't authorised to make a very easy decision, then that is even worse than them actually refusing to have a bit of leniency in this instance.

You go to KFC every week!!?!

I WAS MORE SHOCKED BY SOMEONE DECLARING THEY EAT THAT RUBBISH EVERY WEEK.

I was speaking to hospital regarding the infection rates from MSR and was informed the problem today was in places like KFC [which was named] rather than in hospitals.

Stay away and improve your life, style and expectancy.

Also, I was told that there is nothing at all nutritious in their food!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do people choose to eat in these vile places? Do you not care how your food is processed?

kfc EVERY week? More fool you!

I have to say I loath KFC. I find it manufactured garbage. No nutritional value at all & just plain foul .

I have a Nero card & you do have to get it stamped to get your free coffee. I should imagine KFC is the same .

Don't you like cooking your own meals then

Imagine if the OP started the thread to get a lecture about his/her eating habits.